News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Classic v play v oozora

Started by Dimensions, 12 May, 2013, 08:40:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Which kendama do you think is the best

Classic (kendama USA)
0 (0%)
Oozora
8 (88.9%)
Play kendama
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Dimensions

I was thinking about getting a new kendama that is around the £12 mark
And these are the 3 kendamas I have found that have good reputation (maybe not the play as it is new), and I don't want another sunrise as I already have one

Thanks for yor help
rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

happygoat

I would pick up a yellow ozora...the best ken there is in my opinion! It is well-balanced and very durable.

br4d24

I would love to try a play or classic out. Apparently the classic is the best dama kenusa has produced - nothing steallar about it, but nothing really bad either. Same cant be said for tribute style kenusa's :(

Waylon

My son has a Classic and I love to play it. It's just really solid and consistent. It's like a slightly lighter, slightly softer version of a tk16. I'm looking forward to getting one of my own.

br4d24

yeah i heard classics are kendama usa's best product that they are involved with making (lol tributes really are crap imo)

Waylon

Quote from: br4d24 on 14 May, 2013, 01:33:24
yeah i heard classics are kendama usa's best product that they are involved with making (lol tributes really are crap imo)

I have a natural Tribute I like quite a lot. It just needed broken in.

BrandonYoder

I dont necessarily care too much for the tributes, although i think in the right hands(yoyo-ers) the 1 through hole style could be used in some interesting ways. I have yet to try a classic or a play but want to try both.
I also have to say that my yellow ozora is and has been my favorite factory kendama since i took it out of the package about a year ago.

br4d24

I only had tributes before i got my oozora and thought that people just prefer other damas because they are used to the old style instead of the new string position ext on tribues. But once i did a side by side compareison there was no match. The tributes just look and feel awkward after playing to oozora, they are a little taller and have weird dimensions that ozora has perfected. the cups seem like they are way to high up on the ken,

Waylon

Quote from: br4d24 on 14 May, 2013, 12:25:52
I only had tributes before i got my oozora and thought that people just prefer other damas because they are used to the old style instead of the new string position ext on tribues. But once i did a side by side compareison there was no match. The tributes just look and feel awkward after playing to oozora, they are a little taller and have weird dimensions that ozora has perfected. the cups seem like they are way to high up on the ken,

I can't disagree about the cups. I always have to adjust my play to compensate. Bear in mind, I've only got three kendamas. I've got an ever growing wants list, but unlike yoyos I'm trying a minimalist approach with kendamas. I own around 40 yoyos. I hardly think I need 40 kendamas to match :)

BrandonYoder

im the exact opposite, i probably own around 45 kendamas, and 2 yoyos.
Got my "One" from yoyo factory and now throwing a yelets by onedrop and i love it...altho it did snap the frame of my new glasses within the first 3 days of play :o newb -___-

Waylon

Ha! I bruised the bridge of my nose recently. Bad binds can get anybody.