News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian F

Last night I......

Landed the upsidedownyslipgripspecialthingy, pretty sure that's it's oficial title, maybe Void has an opinion on this, for it is he that has cost me 3 weeks of sanity by showing it to me at the Ball Ring Convention!

The Secret..NO KNEES !! 

....only kidding ;-)

donald grant

Thanks to the encouragement/ goading of Void, last night I finally hit axe-flip to moon- flip to lighthouse.  Enough of the hard stuff, I'm now going to concentrate on coming up with weird/ silly stuff for Southend in April.....

The Void

Quote from: PAshaRome on 25 February, 2012, 19:38:26Today I  hit 2272 moshikame
I suspect a lot of people will have thought "I'm not watching 16 minutes of Moshi Kame". I certainly did. BUT I just watched the last 45 seconds. It tells a slightly unexpected story... go watch!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Sam, yesterday I got 4 again, but the day before it was 21 & 17, so you could say you've caught me up.

Ian, some people call it Backhand Slip Grip Special[nb]Ken grip, not Secret grip[/nb] (but what do they know?) ;) Nice one dude!

Donald.... "encouragement/goading"? I merely asked a question. Glad it had that effect though! Well done.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

Inspired by Donald's latest ridiculous combos, I did a hanging start to axe and managed to land it *without* using the hole, which surprised me greatly as I didn't even consider that a possible balance! Chances are I'll never do it again, of course. But it was a pleasing few moments, until I gingerly started stepping towards my camera for proof and of course, it all fell apart.

PAshaRome

Guys. 26'31'' / around 3700 cliks....
Is this the best european/american/non japan result???
I hope so :D

Toby

Quote from: BKA on 27 February, 2012, 10:56:37
No, not that one. It's for Toby to name that one, since he invented it.

Not really thought about it...maybe something like Moontable?! (moon landing+turntable) I'm open to suggestions....
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

The Void

I see I referred to it as "Toby's Moon Pivot" in the SRC thread. ?

Pasha, that's awesome! It's certainly the best non-Japanese moshi run I know of, and it goes straight into the How Many Times thread for a forum record.

Toby

Yeah, "Moon pivot" or "pivot the moon" sounds good to me... could also have "pivot the thumb trap"...
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

VASBVA

Today I managed to land a counter-ufo to lunar, and then from lunar i flicked it so it did a counter-ufo to spike.  Kind of hard to explain but definitely one of my favorite tricks I've done recently.  On camera too hehe.

The Void

I can't quite picture that, VASVBA, but it sounds impressive!

Today I tried a 10 minute run of Moshi Kame. I made it to 9m30 (which is probably about 1400 clicks at the speed I go at). Then I did all the rest of the 4th Dan tricks. Woo!

Now my right knee hurts.  :-\

PAshaRome

Quote from: The Void on 05 March, 2012, 23:10:41
I can't quite picture that, VASVBA, but it sounds impressive!

Today I tried a 10 minute run of Moshi Kame. I made it to 9m30 (which is probably about 1400 clicks at the speed I go at). Then I did all the rest of the 4th Dan tricks. Woo!

Now my right knee hurts.  :-\
Respect, Void! I failed completely all my programs today :D

shalafi

Ok, not very impressive for the tricks you do here, but I did around the cosmos for the first time yesterday

I am getting quite consistent with the self-certification of pre-dan and I want to move forward to 1st Dan, that trick was the only one in the list I had not done before. With enough practice I think I can get to the 1st Dan for the EJC.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Thanks, Pasha. I'll try again today, if my knee holds up.

Shalafi, don't knock it! Whatever level you are at, it's all about progression. Every breakthrough is to be celebrated. Well done. (By the way, you know the ball must leave the spike for the first stage of Cosmos, right? i.e. you can't do it like slip-on-stick.)

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 06 March, 2012, 12:23:32
Shalafi, don't knock it! Whatever level you are at, it's all about progression. Every breakthrough is to be celebrated. Well done. (By the way, you know the ball must leave the spike for the first stage of Cosmos, right? i.e. you can't do it like slip-on-stick.)
I know it is about progression :-)

I thought it was slip-on-stick. Damned, then I have not done it... yet!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.