News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Trace3k

Today I landed my first spike to jumping stick to reverse jumping stick and my first bird, all on the pill. I've had the pill for 9 days and I love this thing!!!

Fireproof

You guys are all insanely good, so this won't sound like much.  But today I landed my first lighthouse on my Ozora Enjyu.  Actually got three of them.  Pretty excited about that.  I have a long way to go still.  :)

the milky oolong

First Lighthouse is an absolute milestone! Well done!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

[user]Fireproof[/user] - we all started somewhere, and we all remember that feeling of our first Lighthouse, or Earth Turn, or other "simple" trick.
Hi-fives to you & [user]Trace3k[/user]!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Fireproof

Thanks Oolong and Void.  You guys are an inspiration!

I did a few earth turns today.  So cool.  It's so fun to nail a new trick for sure!  I can't put it down.

shalafi

I did STB in 1:55, not my best mark, but not bad for a "cold start"

Also, still not consistent at all with turntables. I think I'm going to invest some serious time on that trick.

I've been working quite a lot in my flow lately, feels nice to play with a kendama more like juggling instead of single tricks ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

... did a Big Cup -> Lighthouse combo. Nothing earthshaking, but I recently started to play around with transitions and this is the trickiest so far - I'm quite happy :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

M.Wang

Just got my first complete turn table to spike!  ;D
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

RyanArthurWalker

Quote from: Fireproof on 23 November, 2014, 23:55:15
You guys are all insanely good, so this won't sound like much.  But today I landed my first lighthouse on my Ozora Enjyu.  Actually got three of them.  Pretty excited about that.  I have a long way to go still.  :)

First lighthouse is an incredible feeling. After landing that you won't look back. It doesn't matter what tricks you land, every single new one is an accomplishment. Even the most advanced players remember what it was like to land their first "enter trick namer here." Lighthouse has become one of my favorite tricks to combo into and out of.

Cheers man. Keep progressing. 

M.Wang

Yeahhhh! Nice. I remember when I got my first lighty. Congrats!
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

the milky oolong

...got a message from Aviram Lugassi, he's the maker of Kendama ISR, Israel's very own brand of kendama. How strange to be sulking, finding nobody free to play in the whole of Berlin, and then to have the chance to play with Aviram again! Looking forward to getting stomped at KEN and seeing some Reverse Swirls and Butterflies. Eek.

Other than that, generally one of those re-kindled love affair days with the kendama. Very lucky to have received a Hardwood Kendama from [user]KendamaEurope[/user], have been tweaking my Taps all over the shop:

Jumping Stick > (Interrupt) Tap Build The Lighthouse
1-Turn Lighthouse Tap Fast Hand Spike
JS > Tap Inward Lunar (almost had it a few times)

Fun fun!
Kendama Berlin

Trace3k

This week I did a trick on the pill that Alex Smith doesn't have a name for yet. Nipple stall to earth turn caught with the male end tucked into the palm of the hand. Roddama had never seen it before, of course he landed it on the first try. I also did a stilt to jumping stick and my first ufo, all on the pill, both for the first time.

I have to say, I am loving the pill. It's become my go-to toy.

shalafi

I find the pill easier for jumping sticks, earth turns and UFOs in general.

Very fun little toy.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Quote from: Trace3k on 27 November, 2014, 18:47:35
This week I did a trick on the pill that Alex Smith doesn't have a name for yet. Nipple stall to earth turn caught with the male end tucked into the palm of the hand. Roddama had never seen it before, of course he landed it on the first try. I also did a stilt to jumping stick and my first ufo, all on the pill, both for the first time.

I have to say, I am loving the pill. It's become my go-to toy.

Sounds amazing, although I have to say Pill tricks are beginning to sound very anatomical already. Nipple Stall > Male-End Stab?  :-X
Kendama Berlin

Trace3k

I hadn't thought of that, but I don't know what to call the spike part. I call the other part the cup.