News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Quote from: TrevorWestad on 16 May, 2013, 20:20:57
I just learned whirlwind!!! :DDDDDD

Nice! I've been trying for that one myself.

the milky oolong

Just to douse the unanimous state of  jubilation: today I fumbled the Falling Down (ken falling clockwise) part of Around the Pitfall (http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,940.msg6853.html#msg6853), that being the penultimate stage. Urgh.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

emagdnim

I just landed a trick but I don't know the name. I think/hope it's called  Earthspin Bird Over the Valley.

I landed bird, and than when I threw the ball to do Bird over the Valley the tama made a 360 like when you do a Earthspin.

BKA

Over The Valley tricks end on the Spike, so if you add "...and Earth Turn to Spike" to what you did, you get "Bird Turns Over The Valley".
Well done.

emagdnim

Thanks  for the info.
I enjoy doing that trick

Cliffdama

Love that trick to! This is whay i'm trying to do for ages. Big bird -> eartturn to spike -> reverse earthturn to smallbird :p

br4d24

1turn lighthouse to lunar. Aeroplane to lunar. plus alot more for filming the compilation video!

finally getting some consistency with em!

emagdnim

Today I landed Lighthouse to spike to Jumping Stick

Dimensions

I landed...
Bat
Falling down
Jumping stick (I've done it before but it is much more solid)
Base cup whilwind
Down stab
Base cup - down stab
1 swirl with in under the leg catch - swing in
A jumping stick, but when the ken is at 90 degrees the tama hits the ken and it bounces in

+
I've decided what combos I'm going to do for the collab

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I have landed 3 jumping stick in a row. I think is the first time I make it that solid :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Had a few hours to spare at work waiting on a delivery - happened to have my kendama with me so had a session in the sun and managed Big Cup Fast-hand Lighthouse, some nice Reverse Jumping Sticks, and even got Stilt (twice nice and clean). Pure joy!
Kendama Berlin

Misterwhang

Today I finally gave in and bought the full kendama app! Its pretty awesome so far!!

br4d24

Some personal progression :) I know some of you like watching these progression videos of mine so here is a new one i just shot in my place today.

Annnd some new pill tricks

the milky oolong

Quote from: shalafi on 20 May, 2013, 20:20:30
I have landed 3 jumping stick in a row. I think is the first time I make it that solid :)

Shalafi, don't know if this counts for everyone, but when practising consistency with Jumping Stick, try to hold your stance after the first caught one (keep your feet placed where they were with the catch). Now you're in. Next bend your knees, and catch the next ones a fraction of a second after your maximum 'flex' as you rise. I find I can make chains of seven to eight Jumping Sticks with this technique quite often before the string gets too knotted and ends up affecting the spin. Shame it's not transferable to consistency in other tricks!
Kendama Berlin

shalafi

Quote from: the milky oolong on 23 May, 2013, 00:20:30
Quote from: shalafi on 20 May, 2013, 20:20:30

Shalafi, don't know if this counts for everyone, but when practising consistency with Jumping Stick, try to hold your stance after the first caught one (keep your feet placed where they were with the catch). Now you're in. Next bend your knees, and catch the next ones a fraction of a second after your maximum 'flex' as you rise. I find I can make chains of seven to eight Jumping Sticks with this technique quite often before the string gets too knotted and ends up affecting the spin. Shame it's not transferable to consistency in other tricks!

Thanks for the tip, I will try it :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.