News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Whats up With Grip?

Started by br4d24, 10 March, 2013, 23:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RodDama

heavier you say? hmm.. i always felt they were lighter... cant wait to get my custom to see for myself!!!
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

JamesFM

After "testing the waters" the last few days, I decided that I will be into kendama for the long haul. I ordered a few new kendamas this morning to start my collection, and I am proud to say that an all red Grip is on the list.  8)

KendAlex

Quote from: RodDama on 13 March, 2013, 00:41:58
heavier you say? hmm.. i always felt they were lighter... cant wait to get my custom to see for myself!!!
well the lunar wipping of back faster, but that is because the grip is to close on the slipgripring spot
that is what up with the one i have

RodDama

ahhh.. makes sense.. i just love the feel of the grip kendamas. its like the equivalent of writing with a really good comfy pen... lol
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

br4d24

Quote from: JamesFM on 13 March, 2013, 01:40:27
After "testing the waters" the last few days, I decided that I will be into kendama for the long haul. I ordered a few new kendamas this morning to start my collection, and I am proud to say that an all red Grip is on the list.  8)

Congrats man! I wish i could try one out before i made a decision on buying one, they look sweet but i would want to make absolutely sure i loved the feel first. I hope this thread helped out make your mind :) I think that Grip should put a little blurb up explaining what they do, it would probably help them get more sales.

JonQ

I saw grip a while back and I thought it was just paint also. I'm definitely gonna pick up one of these bad boys now.

JamesFM

My Grip arrived yesterday. I must say that the craftsmanship is outstanding. The grooves are perfectly spaced and the rubber is completely flush with the wood. By far the most comfortable ken I have used. The sarado was very loose, so I used 2 drops of Elmer's white glue to secure it. Plays perfectly now. They Included literally 50 stickers with my order, which I found quite impressive.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the stock Ozora tama. The paint is'nt very durable (already a little chip by the hole), and it doesn't look as high quality as other tamas I have. Some of the red paint rubbed off onto the sarado from landing spikes as well.

Compared to the other kens I have (3 Sweets and 1 Tribute), The Grip ken feels a lot lighter. I don't have a stock Ozora to compare it to though. The lightness is a nice change of pace. I would imagine it would help with balance tricks, but the tama is so slippery I can't land any. Hopefully once it is broken in and my skill increases that will change.

In comparison to the Ozora tama, The Sweets Matte Marble I ordered arrived today. I was able to nail multiple lighthouses without any break in. I suppose that the chalky texture can be considered cheating though.

KendAlex

congrats,
some of the ozora's are very light yes, that is why i buy them personal on kendamaCO or KendamaDK, because i can order the ozora on the weight i want,
the paint on the newest ozora is not that great indeed, but when i wears in it is oke,
and yes the red, dark blue and the yellow makes the sorado getting rubbed from the paint, that is normal from the beginning.
the light blue and the new green don't have that much, only those to colors are more slippery.

the new sweets are great, the aisuru paint is slippery and have to wear in, the Atack paint is grippy and like you said cheating, and it can be used for having more fun and practice hard tricks

:)