News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What's that trick called...

Started by John, 03 August, 2011, 17:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

I think we'd just call them Hand Exchanges.

andrewyip

what is the name of the trick that turner throne is doing? i know its some sort of spacwalk but what is he doing with his left hand? tips? :-*

Kicking Orphans

On the video kendama Edmonton mini edit 13 at 3:40 the guy does spinning thing using both hands. Does that trick have a name and is there a tutorial on it?

Burger

BKA

It's a bit like the diabolo trick "S-fan", so we've been calling it that. Not sure if it has another name or not. Don't know of a tutorial.

Confound

Hi, this is my first post. I'd like to thank everyone for the help, every time I needed advice I found it here. But now onto my question.. What is the name of the trick I do in the video? the one where I do a half whirlwind and land in base cup. Or go from base cup to big cup by letting go. I though suicide but that doesn't seem right. Thanks for the help

Confound

Just found the fast throw thread... Is that it?

BKA

Hi Confound,
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've found it to be a useful resource. :)
So... there are a lot of tricks in that video, ... not sure which one you mean exactly. Wanna give us a time stamp? There are a lot of (half) whirlwind-ish tricks in there, some might be called "grip changes"... not sure!
Oh, and we're merging this thread into the "What's that trick called" thread.....
Cheers!

Confound

Thank you!! And I do it at 0:33 and a slightly different one at 59. I could see a grip change, or fast throw being it. Thanks again!

BKA

Hmmmm.... I guess it could be a Fast Hand move, but those don't traditionally involve a grip change on the same piece of the kendama, IYSWIM. I think maybe it should be
e.g. Base Cup > ([Fast] Grip change, Ken grip to Sara grip) Small Cup
or just
Base Cup > Sara grip Small Cup
Bit of an awkward name, but as has been said elsewhere, sometimes a "description" serves the purpose better than a "name".
Cheers.

Confound

What would the name be for the trick at 1:34? If there isn't I'd call it volleying. I'm sure it has a name though lol.

BKA

Well, if you'd landed it in a cup to finish, it would be a Tapback. Or a QuadTapback.
As it is, it's called a "miss".  ;-P

Confound

Lol thanks! I'll work on it!

panagiotis bastas

Does anyone know how ye say this trick;
balances the ball on one of the CUPS and after you spin it on your finger on the other cup?
i want to learn it.

BKA

Turntable. Have a search of the forum for that. :)