News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Today I landed Spacewalk 1-turn horizontal aeroplane - coo Kendalex makes it look easy!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

= Spacewalk (Swing to) UFO? Nice one. It feels really good when the spin comes off, and it clicks in.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Quote from: The Void on 16 March, 2014, 16:28:39
= Spacewalk (Swing to) UFO? Nice one. It feels really good when the spin comes off, and it clicks in.
Yes
And definitely yes, I had problems of it going in then out agin they made me very annoyed. [Mod Edit: spoilers removed]
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

Wanted to say thanks to [user]KendamaEurope[/user] for the enthusiasm, the gritty game of KEN (in the freezing wind), the t-shirt and the white Play kendama at the Flying Colours meet yesterday.

The tricks being brought out easily made up for the relatively modest gathering of players - Marc very Handrolly, Peter dominating the Whirlwind (Whirlwind Monkey's Chair etc), Adrian with the super-clean 'Around' variations and innovative transitions. Was super happy in setting Swing-Bird with frostbitten fingers, gutted about not nailing 540 Build the Lighthouse!

Zockt weiter! (German for 'keep clicking!', not that I imagine anyone says it!)

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

udgfxp

Today I did my first double whirlwind (two kenflips instead of one)

The Void

Today I practice-passed 6th Dan. It's been a while, but nice to be hitting form right about now. Only time for 2 or 3 more runs before I fly off on Wednesday.
Nice to see so much green in KendamApp at the moment. More work to be done though...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Thanks. Missed one 2-Turn LH today. Bah!
Meanwhile, Ikea frames for the win.

the milky oolong

Great progress, Void, you're a consistency saint!

Today I landed Around the Bird twice, and tightened up the following tricks:

Whirlwind Big Cup>(Reverse) Whirlwind Big Cup> Whirlwind Base Cup> Aeroplane
Whirlwind Spike
Reverse Swing-In>(Reverse) Earth Turn

Plus, this weekend, while visiting my girlfriend's parents in the south of Germany, was browsing one wing of their converted schoolhouse home, what did I find among the various décor but a gnarly old kendama? They've got no idea where it came from; had a go, was stodgy as hell, 1-Turns and Spacewalks an impossibility, but chunky birds and lighthouses a veritable treat! If I can reduce the file size of the photo I'll post it.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

emagdnim

Have not played in weeks, but picked it up today and landed Mooncircle Small cub bird :)

LarsVegas

So I'm out of link :) but I still practice the new tricks. My arm turned to a nice yellowish purple which nicely complements my yellow Ozora.
However, slam aeroplane wasn't for me, I couldn't catch it so far. For some consolidation, I got the Fast Hand Drill on third attempt yesterday evening, but had no further success ever since.
Luca cought the slam aeroplane after only a few tries today in our weekly meeting.  So we decided to slam everything:
- very easy but somehow pretty to look at, are big cup slams (big cup -> slam down the ball -> big cup)
- of course you can slam every cup, that's still quite easy - even if you do it with style
- slam spike is cool but hard to control. I tried to pull up the ball very softly and ... did it ... after only a couple of tries
Keep slaming!
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

HansNickmans

Last weekend I made some great deals. The Japanese garden in my city agreed for me (and friends) to play kendama there at the big events. And the local circus store is supplying me with play kendamas to do some workshops. Also I landed a juggle to in, which felt really good.

And today I flashed 6 rings (for those jugglers among you). It was ages ago since I first tried that, and got it after a couple of tries, which felt great.

So yeah, good days!
Kendama Belgium!

LarsVegas

Quote from: HansNickmans on 01 April, 2014, 21:06:12
Last weekend I made some great deals. The Japanese garden in my city agreed for me (and friends) to play kendama there at the big events.

That is cool. There's a Japanese Garden in Stuttgart, Germany, too. But I don't think they have any events. Have to check out in the future.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

br4d24

Starting to land stilts and can now finish spacewalk combos with a handroll, juggle to lighthouse :D will film a mini edit and upload soon, havent done so in a while now!

BKA