News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Challenge #21

Started by BKA, 13 August, 2013, 12:09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

KCC 21 will be announced at 15:00 BST on Friday 16th August.

BUT the forum will be in members-only mode until 18:00 BST, so make sure you're a member/logged in to get a 3 hour head-start on your rivals!

Up for grabs is this Large t-shirt courtesy of our lovely friends at KendamaSpain!

RobinSKT

This is cool, I love that there seems to be always competitions going on! Keeping everyone involved!

Yoda

So stoked to see kcc back <3 I can't wait to see this ladder and hope that it won't be done too fast because i'll have some time to face it on saturday. Although, good luck everyone :D
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

BKA

KCC #21 consists of the first 10 tricks from this year's EKO Advanced division.

Rules
- Competition is open to all players, worldwide, as long as they are a member of this forum.
- Use a standard, competition-sized kendama.
- Perform all tricks, in order, as specified, in a single run, with no misses.
- Stay in shot the whole time.
- The first forum member to post a video of themselves completing the challenge in this thread is the winner. (Pending approval by the BKA).
- No sneakiness!
- The Winner wins glory and respect from the kendama community, the t-shirt above, and the right to set the next KCC.
- If a KCC remains undefeated for 30 days, any offer of a prize no longer applies, and the BKA becomes the setter for the next KCC. An undefeated KCC remains open to be cracked after 30 days have passed, but only for glory and respect.

- Please film in good lighting. Indoors in the evening with one lightbulb is not good lighting. :P  Use daylight! For best lighting, please make sure your main light source (the sun, a window, light bulbs, etc) are behind the camera, shining forwards at you, not shining towards the lens.

For the first 3 hours from 15:00 on 16th August, this forum will be in members-only browsing mode. This is to give forum members a slight advantage on non-members. If you are reading this in that timeframe, please do not post the tricks elsewhere. Sorry, but you will be disqualified if you do. Thanks.

"40% Advanced"

1. Chops x 3
手刀大皿3回連続
Pen Grip/皿グリップ
After each "in-chop", the string must be around the chopping hand/wrist/forearm.
2. Fast Hand Base Cup
はやて中皿
Ball grip/玉グリップ
Start with the ken held. No adjustment to the grip or ken before the grip change.
3. Trapeze to Aeroplane
十字~飛行機
Ball grip/玉グリップ
Do not grip the string before starting the motion.
4. Scoop Up Small Cup
小皿金魚すくい
Ken grip/けんグリップ
5. [Weak Hand] Around The Village
逆手村一周
Ken grip/けんグリップ
6. Candle~Balance~Candle
ろうそく~バランス~ろうそく
Candle grip/ろうそくグリップ
Balance the Candle on ring (3rd) finger for 3 seconds, then return to Candle grip.
7. Small Bird
小皿うぐいす
Ken grip/けんグリップ
Pull up straight. Hold for 3 seconds.
8. Big Cup~Whirlwind Big Cup
大皿~つむじ風大皿
Ken grip/けんグリップ
Any grip is permitted for the Whirlwind catch, as long as the fingers do not touch the ball.
9. Around Europe
ヨーロッパ一周
Ken grip/けんグリップ
10. Hanging Pirouette
ピルエットつるし持ち
Hanging grip/つるし持ち
Chest/shoulders must be facing forwards when beginning.

See the first 10 tricks in this video:
EKO 2013 Trick Ladders: Advanced - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

KendaMushroom

Hahaha i filmed it the other day, got to around europe and said "oooh my favourite trick" wink wink at the EKO....and missed the last spike hahaha

I'm rusty

Kendamaspain

Thanks for sharing the photo of the t-shirt !

Regards from Kendama Spain Team.

Yoda

DAAAAMN! I failed the pirouette :/

Edit:

Got it! :D I hope everything's ok. I needed a little break before pirouette. I missed it twice before :p

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

CONFIRMED!
Congratulations Yoda. We have your address, so we'll send you the t-shirt.

Now it's over to you to take a short break to think about it, and come back to set KCC #22. (Don't forget to announce that it's coming a couple of days before you release it.)

Cheers!
BKA

Yoda

Yeah! I'm super lucky last time :D Cheers!

JeffreyItaliaander

Nice Yoda,
You did the first trick in Ken-grip though.
It should have been Pen Grip. :)
Didn't anyone see that? :P

BKA

Oops! Oh well, it's not like it was the toughest trick on the list. :)