News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Lovely cool day. Missed a JS and a 2-T LH. More practice....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I passed my 6th Dan practice. And I saved a bee. It's hot out there.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 26 August, 2016, 13:33:35
Today I passed my 6th Dan practice. And I saved a bee. It's hot out there.
Nice! Back in track.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jedi_man

Just now I got my first dang WHIRLWIND! I threw my ken SO hard out of excitement! Good thing I was outside and threw it in a straight line...

Do you guys have any tips for this trick, and kenflip tricks in general? I find it very hard to throw the tama in any kenflip trick. Usually I'm either unable to throw it at all (When I do the kenflip, the tama is not high enough so the ken screws it up), or I throw it too hard (When I do the kenflip, the string tugs the tama and ruins the whole trick).

The Void

Hi @Jedi_man
Congrats! It's always a great feeling to nail a breakthrough trick. Have you checked out Alex's vid in this thread: http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1515.0.html Hopefully it'll help you. This isn't one of my best tricks, so I'll leave others to chime in with advice.

donald grant

Bus stop noodling again: small bird migration, and rev swing to slip, turn to small bird, rev turn in.  It seems that waiting for the 95 bus helps with those more technical lines... :)

The Void

The Void

Passed my Dan practice again today.

The Void

Passed my practice again today. Yay. Also, I remembered that I got 3 Everests in a row at the weekend, but when I looked at the footage, realised that the non-3 second balances invalidate it as a forum record. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to record that again just for the record.

The Void

Four tries in a row, cleared. Several 10th-attempts today. Phew.

shalafi

The Void

Cheers! Partly inspired ny kend[amas], I strung a couple of Flying Top tricks together.

shalafi

Spacewalk flying top is very classy, much nicer than a *simple* swap

The Void

Today KendamApp stayed green. Five in a row. More work, more work....

donald grant

Nicely done Void!

Weird one today: secret grip base cup to penguin secret grip base cup (the ken pivots 360 between thumb and forefinger).  Strangely satisfying :)