News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jafish41

Next Combo should be Double Gunslinger<big cup

Dimensions

First - [user]kendalex[/user] needs to verify [user]mreasyguy[/user]'s trick
Second - do you mean a double gunslinger around the big cup or double gunslinger > big cup
(My second interpretation won't be allowed as that would be a 3 trick combo)

[user]dimesions[/user] [user]kendamushroom[/user] [user]kendalex[/user] [user]mreasyguy[/user] and [user]jafish41[/user] are all locked out for now
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

To keep things moving along, BKA will step in and say

KendAlex's trick (#25): verified!
mreasyguy's trick (#26): verified!

And for clarity, we assume jafish means either
- Double Gunslinger (ball stays on the spike) ... and then... --> Big Cup 
[which would not be allowed as that is two moves]
or
- #28 Double Gunslinger (ball comes off the spike as the gunslinger is started) --> catch the gunslinger/ken while the ball is flying, and then land the ball in the Big Cup.
[Let's assume this is the case until jafish confirms]

[user]mreasyguy[/user], please verify jafish's Whirlwind Spike!

mreasyguy

jafish41

@BKA Yes your second interpretation was correct. From the Spike you do a doublegunslinger and from the gunslinger you land big cup so you do not end the double gunslinger in a spike

The Void

I've not done a lot of double gunslingers, but I gave this a go, and I managed to get it after 5 minutes. Then I realised I could come back in. Shame I wasn't videoing, d'oh! Oh well, maybe tomorrow, if it's sunny out...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

Yes I can join again  ;D  Never done a double gunslingers or a normal Gunslinger... Will try.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dimensions

Quote from: shalafi on 01 July, 2013, 20:43:24
Quote from: The Void on 01 July, 2013, 17:22:21if it's sunny out...
Strong statement for someone living in the UK :-P
It has been very sunny recently - it isn't as good today but it has been worse
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Well, I've done it, on film this time. But
A) It wasn't sunny.
B) It was a bit cack-handed, so it might not be accepted anyway.
C) I've already been in 3 times, so I'll hang back from posting it for now.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Quote from: mreasyguy on 30 June, 2013, 00:15:09
Some of the most wonky birds in here but i finally got it (for the second time, first one the ball went out of shot)

this turns is turning away from your body like frontspins, i asked to do a double backspins, like roll it up agains the spike so the ball is making backspins
sorry, Mreasyguy

BKA

Huh? But you said
Quote from: KendAlex on 28 June, 2013, 20:09:17and as next challenge i like to see a double backside earthspin over the valley, so the hole turns toward your body.
The hole does turn towards his body. If you wanted the ball to turn in the other direction, that would be in the same direction as a standard Earth Turn. So then why did you say "double backside earthspin" when you could have said "double earthspin"?

*confused face*

mreasyguy

Im confused too.

I eathturned by pulling back so the hole came towards me not away from me hence the backwards movement of the ken rather than pushing forward.

I can slow it down for you alex if you would like to double check?

*Edit*

Slowed it down...

KendaMushroom

thats also what i understood, and what i did at home for fun and what mreasyguy did....no trouble here, moving on! haha
what is confusing is that "backspin" term...technically and earthturn is a "backflip"....so the reverse of it would be "frontflip"...so if anything this trick should be called, double FRONTspins over the valley. :)

BKA

Okay, so it seems Alex was using skating terms that were very unintuitive to kendama players. So, from now on, let's all just use the words "reverse" or (if necessary) "normal" to describe a kendama trick's direction, yeah?
So... What Alex wanted was "Double (normal) Earth Turn to Bird".

So, are you up for re-filming that, mreasyguy? (Better lighting would be nice, if you can manage that....)

Apologies to Alex for us butting in to verify someone else's trick. Our bad!