News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KendAlex Large Taiyo Power Exercise

Started by KendAlex, 23 August, 2011, 22:11:37

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

LarsVegas

Great performance!

I wonder if it took you long to get so skilled with the Taiyo or if most tricks worked immediatelly once you mastered them with the normal kendama.

lars
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Nice work, Alex!
I'm much happier seeing you play with that lovely Taiyo over grass, rather than the gravel you were playing over at Munich!

Oddly, it was a couple of "throwaway" tricks that I really liked[nb]Not to say that all the other stuff wasn't burly![/nb]: the little exit from the Suicide Candle to Spike, and the backhand earth turn after the Moshis. Are you practising moshis on that monster regularly now? It could be a smart move to make a normal run seem like less effort! :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

MasterKatra42

Those are some ballsy tricks.  Watch out for busted fingers.

KendAlex

@ Lars, i can do all the tricks with a normal kendama too, but it is much harder to do it with this size kendama.
that is why 1 practice 3 days a week with this one, to build up strenght and consistancy in movements.

@ Void, Thanks, yeah i like to play on grass very much :),
i've tried a speed trick B with this big one,and i didn't go over the 2 minutes and i didn't get under the 1 minute, when i get under the 1 minute i'll post a video.
The "throwaway" tricks i learned from playing the Bilboquet and it is much harder to do with a kendama, no matter what size.
i like the style.

@ MasterKarta42, Thanks , thank goodness i have never got any injuries while practice the big one.  8) (only blue spots/bumps)