News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

GbH

I just did a pleasing little combo that's perhaps worth sharing here.  Broken down, it went:

one-turn lighthouse -> orbit falling down -> jumping stick -> orbit jumping stick -> double jumping stick

Also, I had a nice practice session yesterday, clicking rhythmically along to the sounds of a huge fairground organ whilst at the Dorset Steam Fair.  I suspect other people wondered what an earth I was doing, but I was in the zone and really didn't care...   :)

shalafi

I was just messing around and I did: Bat -> Base Cup -> Spike (with the awkward grip Donald likes)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

LarsVegas

... got a parcel with my new SunRise Performer in blue - what a beauty ...

And yesterday I started a spreadsheet to monitor my advances in the Czech trick ladder. I like to see all those lines to a higher success rate (which is not so difficult, given the current rates).

lars
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Thorny

Today I managed to land;

Swing in --> Whirlwind Earth Turn to Bird --> Earth Turn to Spike.

First time I've landed the Whirlwind Earth to Bird, was a nice feeling. :)

Yesterday, I managed to land a swift;

Swing to Wingwalker.

shalafi

I just made 3 earth turns in a row. Furiken -> earth turn, earth turn, earth turn. And then I left the kendama aside... such a nice feeling.

shalafi

However, I took it for a practice session outside and I did a suicide airplane. the important part is that I felt the catch totally natural, in a quite consistent way (not the trick itself, but the catch)

Later on I did a 1-turn aeroplane, and almost succeed at a swing lighthouse.

Very happy with all that in a day.

Toby

naughty bird with a slip-on finish....ka-pow.
SRC 2011 Moshi Kame Champion

BatDancer

Ka-pow indeed!!!

I had a go at a "naughty bat" over the weekend. Even putting the ball in place with my hand, I couldn't balance it...

Toby

Yeah, I tried that one too...couldn't get it to sit at all. The 'slip grip' knuckle on the ken seemed to get in the way...

Edit: tell a lie, it will sit there just about. Gonna be a really hard one to land though...

Adam K

Inspired by Dave's tama grip "around" tricks, I had a go at some ken grip arounds, and I got around the cosmos and sara grip around europe

The Void

I had a session with my Sunrise Performer today, and I managed to hit my first Axe, and also a Moon>Half Tornado>Small Moon.
Hopefully I'll be able to hit those on a regular KD too sometime soon.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Toby

Quote from: The Void on 07 September, 2011, 01:29:07
I had a session with my Sunrise Performer today, and I managed to hit my first Axe, and also a Moon>Half Tornado>Small Moon.

Fair play. Been working on those ones too..no such luck for me!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 07 September, 2011, 01:29:07

Good job.

Yesterday I succeeded with swing lighthouse... as soon as I tried with the Oozora instead of the TK16. Next in my lighthouse tricks is flip lighthouse.

Harrydh3

I was quite pleased to land: Pull up Nightingale---360 Nightingale---360 to Bird---360 bird :D

The Void

Quote from: Harrydh3 on 07 September, 2011, 19:33:15I was quite pleased to land: Pull up Nightingale---360 Nightingale---360 to Bird---360 bird :D
What are you calling "Nightingale"? As far as I was aware, that's just another translation of "Uguisu", ie Bird/Warbler/... Nightingale? I'm guessing you mean something else though?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!