News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

Did my first Hanging Bird today. Never though of trying it before :)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Well done Jak & Hans. I almost got a Hanging Bird by accident today.
Also, had my worst ever run of JSticks. 2/10. Pah. Write it off as one of those days, and move on....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Had a better practice today, only missing out on Hanging 1-T Aero. Although I haven't missed that one for a year. Hey ho. Also, I thought of a new Tornado trick on Sunday, and I filmed it last night.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Passed my practice today. 2-T LHs were in the zone. Ice pop for me!

KenSan

Nice one @The Void

Always wondered if you practice with whatever kendama is to hand or do you have a special for those practices and gradings, and if so may I ask what you use? (just being nosey  ;D)

Also I've managed to do, with some guidence from @oesterzilla on IG the trapeze trick where you drop the kendama from aeroplane toward you then start swinging it around on your finger  :o

And am also enjoying a nice @kayadama custom  8)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Hey @KenSan ,
Since I'll have to take the exam with a JKA model, it makes sense to practice with one too. So I do. I almost always use my white Ozora premium, which I don't use for anything else. White Mugen is my backup.

Show us this trapeze trick then!

KenSan

I see yes of course using JKA kendama would make sense.

Yes so I meant loaded tama grip, drop into trapeze swing thing (My terminology sucks). It's way to inconsistent to unleash on the unsuspecting public at the moment though.

The Void

The Void

Anything like Aeroplane>Breakaway Trapeze, BKO 2015 Adv #11 ? http://kendama.co.uk/bko2015.html

KenSan

You know the trick trapeze acrobats. The beginning bit where the tama is spiked and you swing the whole thing round a couple of times before letting it fly and catching the tama on the base cup. That swinging bit. Does it have a name of its own? I think oestetzilla said whirlpool but I'm not sure. Any way it's not new or anything I've just never been able to do it before.

The Void

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 28 September, 2016, 19:00:34
Hey @KenSan ,
Since I'll have to take the exam with a JKA model, it makes sense to practice with one too. So I do. I almost always use my white Ozora premium, which I don't use for anything else. White Mugen is my backup.

Show us this trapeze trick then!
I do the same, except that my premium Ozora for the gradings is a gold one :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

donald grant

Earth turn tornado, four times in a row.  Smooth and more than a little surprising :)

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 03 October, 2016, 13:18:12
Earth turn tornado, four times in a row.  Smooth and more than a little surprising :)
@donald grant Coo, nice!

Dimensions

4 insta propeller hops in a row!
Been aiming for 5
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6