News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What tricks have you done by accident?

Started by primechicken, 11 October, 2012, 20:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsurushi

Today, while practicing to get the hang of 1-Turn Airplane, I landed 1-Turn Dead Body > In by accident. Now I'm pondering whether to start practicing Dead Body; it's so much fun to do, even when accidentally.

The Void

Hah, nice. I've tried a few (deliberate) 1-Turn Dead Bodies, but can't seem to get the feel for them.
The flat ones, though, you should definitely have a few tries at. Soft landings are the key!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Hey Void, try doing 1-Turn Dead Bodies with an inward start with the Ken facing the same way for a pull-up Inward Lunar- they come up really smooth in my experience.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Leologic777

Was trying to do Whirlwind to Big
I caught the ken in the wrong position and spiked it. I was super excited. Same day I landed another trick for first time (not accidental). I landed my first lighthouse insta falling. Yep two new tricks on April fools...

this was yesterday where I live.

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

The Void

Well done,Leo.
I landed a 3-Turn Aero the other day when trying a 2-Turn.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

I wanted to land a bat. I did so, only the tama didn't touch the ken. I don't know how it's called, bat wing walker?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

shalafi

I just landed a reverse earth turn to bird. Obviously just going for the reverse earth turn, but it landed perfectly stable.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kayadama

I have no idea what any of these tricks are called, however i did do this by accident. (Supposed to be grabbing the ken and doing a swing in type thing at the end)

https://instagram.com/p/1VFasVxvwI

TCY

I did a one turn crazy lighthouse and fall in by accident when trying to do a one turn lighthouse.
TCY

The Void

Quote from: TCY on 18 October, 2015, 15:47:00
I did a one turn crazy lighthouse and fall in by accident when trying to do a one turn lighthouse.
Nice!
I used to think Crazy Lighthouses were... too flukey to practice, but I saw people (I've forgotten exactly who) deliberately going for them last time I was in Japan, so I guess, just with any trick, all it takes is practice!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 18 October, 2015, 15:51:26
Quote from: TCY on 18 October, 2015, 15:47:00
Nice!
I used to think Crazy Lighthouses were... too flukey to practice, but I saw people (I've forgotten exactly who) deliberately going for them last time I was in Japan, so I guess, just with any trick, all it takes is practice!

Apparently Cooper Eddy was consistent with them back in 2013, and he released a tutorial today, he calls it Leanhouse

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.