News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Co - Play, or TK-16?

Started by Critzdama, 19 October, 2014, 10:24:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do you think fits my tastes better?

TK-16
3 (50%)
Play
2 (33.3%)
Flip a coin to determine
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Critzdama

I currently have a heavy special marble Kendama I bought from a friend, and it's wearing out. I've had it for a long time, and now I'm in the market for a new Kendama, and I have been debating on which one to get.

PLAY, or TK-16?

I usually prefer "medium-to-heavy" weighted Kendamas that are durable, will last quite a long time, and are smooth and firm with the cups (no bouncing, rolling out). I don't really care about the paint, but I do heavily prefer Natural Kendamas, no paint at all. I am a beginner, so at the time I don't really care about "balance" moves such as Lighthouse, Lunar, any of those. I'm not sure which one to get, so please give advice on which one to get! Thanks! :)

Kendama all day, erry day.

My friends think I'm crazy, my parents think I'm insane, my siblings think I'm delirious, and I can't blame them, Kendama pretty much sums up my life.

PikWik

well, the JKA would be my choice. and the TK-16 just so happens to be a good tough kendama that has a history of holding up well under heavy play. the paint on a TK is slick at first but breaks in nicely after a summer of playing.

the play is also a tough kendama and is approved by the BKA but not the JKA. i can say that the white play that i have is a little heavier and bulkier than a TK-16, but has a very durable feel to it. i dont think the TK or the play are made of traditional beechwood and seem to have a hardwood instead.

i guess its a coin toss because they are similar in that they can both take a beating. if it were me and i was buying only either of those two, i would go with the JKA