News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Which has the best overall balance?

Started by azleonhart, 19 April, 2015, 19:21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

For lighthouses, lunars and BBs, which is better in your opinion?

Grain Theory
KendamaCo
Kaizens
Krom
Musous

shalafi

Quote from: BenBenVx on 21 April, 2015, 23:24:39
Then again, its like people who "hook" there lunas and things, I feel that's cheating big time, if I where to do it I wouldn't feel anywhere near as satisfied or pleased with landing a tirck.. Im not saying its bad, don't do it, whatever feels best for you is whats right, but me personally I wouldn't be as happy..
It's all about personality I guess :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

azleonhart

I guess sometimes there are things which may sound like you're cheating but it may change the way kendama is played. Case in point: ball bearings in yoyos. Without them, yoyos today won't be as entertaining as it would've been ages ago. I'd say the swoop and the Musou hole helps, but ultimately depends on your pairing with the tama (in GT's case), and for the Musou it's also a combination with the stickiness of the paint.
Wormholes may seem like a great idea, but i honestly don't see the merit of using one. Still love twisting the ken, because it's an art form. Hooks may help land lunars, but i see it as an inconvenience (eventually when you learn multiple turn lunars, you'll forsake them anyway).

Our local kendama retailer is gonna get some KenCos in a week or so, i'll definitely give them a try. Didn't have much time to play with a friend's Girr while he was visiting the country.
What the trick?

BenBenVx

Completely agree with you both.. All depends on the player, and definatly the pairing! Atm my natty tama is still slippy, so even tho my GT is is a luna magnet it's still quite difficult for me as I'm still leaning them... and Not necessarily cheating but "helping" ones self aha.. Each to there own i guess, like you say, once you start to become consistent with them im sure you sack off the hook. Everybody has there own way of making thins work... this is why I love the toy! You can take as trick and show it to 3 different people and they will all do somthing a little different.