News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Half-Swirl Aeroplane Tutorial (Was: VOTW 14-05-2012)

Started by The Void, 13 May, 2012, 19:04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I hope this helps some of you with the trick!

http://juggling.tv/12018 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

I'm rather glad you've thrown this together.
I know how to do this trick, but I don't really do a 'half-swirl' it just kinda goes a bit mental how I do it :P
Controlled, might I add... just mental.

You do it inwards, compared to me as well... I'll throw together a quick 40 second video soon of myself doing it how I usually do it and then again but THIS way :P

AlexSmith

Awesome, thanks Void. I once tried to figure this one out, but gave up after some frustrated attempts. This should definitely make things easier :P

John

Thanks for this, Void. I'm a bit rubbish at these! I have a couple of days holiday so no excuses not to land this, really...

PAshaRome

The Void

Cheers guys, good luck!

Thorny, I'm worried from your description that you might be doing something that wouldn't be allowed in competition. Yeah, throw up a video of your way, so I can check. I wonder if "a bit mental" corresponds to a full swirl instead of a half-swirl? (See Dave's vid of all full-swirl variations.) If so, you better learn the unmental version. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Elmoney

Pretty cool tutorial :) Thank's you the void now I got something to learn :D
French Touch Kendama - The French Kendama Commuinty
http://frechtouchkendama.tumblr.com
http://www.facebook.com/frenchtouchkendama

AlexSmith

Thanks to this video (literally), I now have the swirls down (along with some fun exits!). Now I just need to dig up the original swirl video and learn the rest of the ridiculous variations haha

TheKendamaSensation

Dang it! So close. Aeroplane part was off a little bit. Great video editing!

The Void

I love how Swirls and Half-Swirls are cropping up in loads of people's videos these days. :D

Dave

Swirls. Man I love these tricks. I may have to pick up ones Dama and get back on it :)
BALL AND CUP!

The Void

Dave! You're back! :-) Your trick has taken over the world, y'know.

Dave

Well I'm glad I have contributed something to the Kendama scene. :-) I'm off to check out what people have done with them :)
BALL AND CUP!

BKA

Buddhaprice

Saw that video just the other day was fascinated by it ,and it really got me playing around with this trick. Thanks void for posting that video tutorial a while back it helped me understand a little bit better how the physics work behind this maneuver