News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Wang

Thanks the void!  ;D did the video actually post?
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

The Void

Hi Matt,
No the video didn't post. I was working from your description.

Did you try to *attach* a video, or just to post a link? There is a file size limit for attachments, so videos are v likely to be too large. If you were trying to post a link though, I don't know why it didn't show up.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

M.Wang

Hi the void.

I was trying to attach a video but when I tried to post it, it glitched out and took me to the start a new topic page. After a few tries, I just gave up.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 14 October, 2014, 14:12:50Today I practice-passed 6th Dan. 3rd time this month. More practice!
Passed again today.  Cake for me.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 17 October, 2014, 13:38:59
Quote from: The Void on 14 October, 2014, 14:12:50Today I practice-passed 6th Dan. 3rd time this month. More practice!
Passed again today.  Cake for me.
Ooh, and again today. Never done 2 days in a row before. Still feels a way off though, lots more hard work...

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Thanks. Nearly made it 3 in a row. Just one miss too many on the last trick today. Ah well.....

The Void

the milky oolong

Crikey, [user]The Void[/user], that's surely one of the highest reports of consistency the forum has ever heard about!

Today I recorded some kendama tricks I recalled from a very lucid dream this morning - talk about inspiration!:

Pengin Scoop Spike > 540° UFO

Penguin Scoop Spike > Penguin grip 540° Build the (tama grip) Lighthouse > Realize you've split your spike in half.

The second one was not a dream prophecy...
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

I like the sound of the first one... Not so much the end of the second one!

And thanks, it's going well at the moment, but no way will I let myself become complacent. Work work work.
Tonight I broke one of my own records, and had a go at some 2-handed stuff.... vids tomorrow.

Trace3k

Today I learned about the orbit and landed it on my first try. This is my third week with a kendama. I feel like a pro ;)

M.Wang

-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

BenPycroft24

Congratulations trace3k now try double orbits :) or orbit to spike.

BenPycroft24

Today I landed some nice combo's imo. All combo's are on my ig @ben_pycroft if anyone wants to see :)

the milky oolong

The afore-mentioned trick, this time just managing not to break the spike...

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate