News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Nice ones Milky, Trace & Ben.

I failed my practice for the 3rd day in a row. Worst 3 of the month. *sigh*

Right, now I need to go and put my yo-yo head on, for a gig tomorrow.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I spent 10 hours travelling to do 45 minutes' work. Zoiks!
Stilla good day though.
#1000fps
#tired
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Trace3k

That sounds rough, Void. I hope the 45 mins were fun.

Today I landed my first spike to earth. I went through a whole bunch of ladders on youtube and wrote them down on a sheet of paper. Now I go through the ladders until I land each trick. I'm learning so many beginner tricks now.

I got hit by a van last week and pulled a knee ligament so I can only play for five mins at a time. Total bummer. Getting x-rays on Monday.

I just landed my first lighthouse as well!!!

The Void

Yes it was, Trace! :-)

Well done on the tricks, but bad luck on the van. Ouch. Get well soon.

Trace3k

M.Wang

I just got space walk into airplane!
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

Dimensions

Today I...
Managed to get a few clips around New York whilst on holiday
But whilst filming a trick on Ellis Island, one of the helpers[nb]not too sure on the technical term for their job[/nb] saw me and started to call me other. It turned out he owned a kendama too - and had it with him! He didn't know what it was called but could do a few basic tricks (moshikame etc.) we talked a played for ~10 mins - so all in all a good day and a good finish.

Oh and my Bamboo KROM managed to take a big chunk off the big cup. Time for some super-glue and a warning sign me-thinks!

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Trace3k

Sorry to hear about your Krom. I would like to see your edit when it's done.

Today I landed my first airplane to ken somersault! So psyched!

LarsVegas

Quote from: Dimensions on 27 October, 2014, 01:03:43
Today I...
Managed to get a few clips around New York whilst on holiday

For a short moment I wondered, what kind of sequence "around New York" might be. Found it funny that you filmed it on Ellis Island. Then I understood :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Ha ha, Lars! :-)

Today I filmed my submissions for the diabolo collaboration, passed my 6th Dan practice, weighed, measured, and sold a kendama, and started writing up a web page.

fredCP

Today I landed Valley fly under the bird  ;) Bird > [Half turn of the ken to get the small cup facing you, in a weird twisted wrist position] Small Bird > Spike.
Fred

LarsVegas

Played my first session of "Spin-off" today against [user]KendaMax[/user]. Lost big time :(

Kev

Today I scored myself an all mahogany Viking from [user]The Void[/user].

:)

The Void

Nice, Fred! Max has got skills, huh, Lars? Or were you just having a bad day? Glad you like it, Kev.

Today I passed 6th Dan practice. 8/October. But with a whole heap of horrible in the tries between this and my last pass. And it seems I need to be outdoors in daylight to stand a good chance.

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 30 October, 2014, 16:00:39
Max has got skills, huh, Lars? Or were you just having a bad day?

I'd say it was both. But we also played on different rings because of our different skill levels. And KendaMax is more solid than I am with on the respective level :)
The game's a nice addition to our sessions. We used to use the random function of the Kendamapp to explore new tricks in a non-competitive way. But to have some change is great.