News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

JKA - Skill Level Challenge

Started by LarsVegas, 07 July, 2015, 23:41:09

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsVegas

The JKA has announced a new certification system on facebook: SLC = Skill Level Challenge. Has anybody more information on this? The posts on facebook are all Japanese and Google (Translate) isn't my friend this time. Frankly, I don't really get it.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

mmm, interesting, now I want to know more.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The SLC is a new system from the JKA. Don't ask me to explain it - it's too complicated, and the tricks can change within the same level (!). But here are some demonstration runs.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

shalafi

Mmm, interesting ladders, kind of reminds me of the gloken cup
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

the milky oolong

Interesting to see the JKA taking on this 'Level #' World Cup type of system, I wonder what the qualifying rounds look like; 6/10 Penguin Base Cup > Double Whirlwind > Base Cup > Spike? Or is it going to be used just for One-on-One scenarios?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

AlexSmith

What is this system being used for? Is it actually a GLOKEN-style contest outline?

That would be very disappointing to see.

The Void

It's another grading system.
Unnecessary and confusing, IMO.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

the milky oolong

Not to mention that, there's some seriously naughty terminology going on there for it to get a like from Void: Downspike? Down Earth? Kenflip? Outrage!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

The Void

s070s

So i just woke up and only had 4 cups of coffee jet. So i haven't fully read and seen everthing.
but ...
if this replaces the official DAN certifecations ..
I'm just gonna cry outloud and never be doing any japanese 'certifecation' anymore
and frankly (yes i'm not fully wake and a bit quick to came to conclusions )
I'm very disappointed in the JKA if they roll over like that, because western players do thing different

:o :'( :( >:( :'( :'(

The Void

@s070s  Don't panic, it's definitely NOT a replacement for the Dan system. It's a separate, additional grading system.