News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

My KenUSA Pro Team Entry

Started by AlexSmith, 15 November, 2011, 08:34:53

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

So it appears entering competitions and having things go glitchy is a recurring theme in my life (anyone who has seen my BKA competition entry from awhile back will know what I'm talking about). This time was a little more unexpected though, after export it played back ok, then youtube mangled it. About 1:11 in you'll know what I'm talking about. When the screen goes all grey and horrible just pretend you're watching some neat snowboard tricks and perhaps it'll be a little more enjoyable...

Feedback appreciated :)

SamB

I liked it, nicely shot, some novel tricks and a fancy ken. Obviously I'll stick up for a fellow chemist!
The standard in this contest is super high, my favourite has changed 3 times now.
Good luck!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

Loved the two 'string chop' tricks, especially the one at 2.22. Wow, you didn't even mention that you make your own kendamas.
Nice vibe, and it's nice to put a voice to a face. Good luck, Alex.

AlexSmith

Thanks guys! I truly am a science nerd aha.
We actually filmed a lot more interview sorta stuff, going over the history of kendama edmonton, and then into how Terra Kendamas started, but when I started editing I quickly realized I had way more footage then would fit in the 3:00 allowance.

GbH

I was very impressed with how that came across, Alex.  Best of luck with it...

Adam K

Great video. I'm a big fan of your work, and love the effort you put into creativity with kendama. This competition has inspired some absolutely fantastic videos.

kendamatty

I'm thinking I have a new joint top favourite, really liked the 3 minute video Alex great stuff.

LarsVegas

That's a great video. You make a very friendly and relaxed impression.
And the tricks in front of that wall are amazing - how do you hit the hole after so many spins ...

And it's nice to put a face to an avatar :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

AlexSmith

Thanks again guys, I appreciate it.

I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to make it through to the next round, time will tell I suppose hehe. There's a lot of awesome entries! Can't wait to see the round two videos.

HansNickmans

Just read @ Kengarden that you made to the next round! Congrats!
Kendama Belgium!

SamB

Congratulations man! What's next???
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

AlexSmith

Thanks guys! I'm stoked to get working on my round 2... and to see all the other round 2 entries. I think the bar is going to get raised pretty high pretty quickly here... there's a lot of top notch players in this competition. I don't think I would have enjoyed being a judge for this haha, a lot of good entries to consider.

The Void

Good luck Alex!

Greg, there will always be a huge amount of subjectivity in such competitions as this. One can only ever enter them in hope rather than in expectation. Sorry you didn't make it through, but if you feel disappointed in the direction the scene is going (as you mentioned in another post), then maybe this isn't the 'job' for you, and you can head in your own direction that will give you more satisfaction anyway.

Cheers.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Good luck Alex,
i love your fresh style, keep it up.

Broady

Good luck mate, love your style, Kendama Edmonton is sick. Well looking forward to the 2nd round edits!

You should upload an edit of the stuff about Terra in your interview, would be interesting to find out more, need a pill!

Yeh good luck again hope you get it mate.