News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

UK Southern Regional Competition 2012, 28th Oct, East Molesey

Started by BKA, 16 August, 2012, 11:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

BKA

We will probably be pushed for time, so opportunities for gradings will be few. Turn up at 11.30 sharp if you want to do a grading.

BKA

Announcing the return of...

....Free tea, coffee and biscuits!

There, that should double the numbers... :)

BKA

kendamatty

I have dropped off the kendama radar for a while. But dusted off the old war horse as I feel a new spark of life for clicking, especially as this one is actually only an hour away woohooo! I don't suppose there's parking is there which doesn't involve selling the car to pay for it?...

Patryk

Tranding only with SunRises, or maybe something more?

BKA

There is parking space for "about 12 cars" at the hall. Other than that, it should be okay on the surrounding streets (it is a Sunday after all).
Our stock is a range of Sunrises, but perhaps the odd something from Japan.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The clocks go back on Saturday night - you get an extra hour in bed... Or the chance to amble off and get yourself a coffee after you've turned up too early! :)

BKA

Does anyone have a boombox they could bring along? (preferably with a jack socket auxiliary input)

BKA

Also, if anyone wants to make a video of the day, that would be great!

BKA

BKA

Please bring fivers and change! If you stop for a coffee on the way - pay with a note. :)

BKA

Results posted at http://kendama.co.uk/src2012.html

Photos at
***Please DO NOT upload any of these photos to other websites. Just use the page URL if you want to share, thank you.***
http://kendama.co.uk/galleries/SRC2012/index.html
***Please DO NOT upload any of these photos to other websites. Just use the page URL if you want to share, thank you.***

If you took photos, please share links!
A big thank you to everyone who came (especially Sam, with a heroic hangover). And a big friendly raspberry to anyone who didn't (especially if they said they were going to). Another big thank you to David at Thekendamacompany.com (Sunrise) for kindly supporting the UK scene with his sponsorship once again.

However, due to poor turnout, this is the last SRC the BKA will run.

SamB

Thanks a lot Void! I had a great time and it certainly the best thing for my hangover and I came back with far more stuff than I left with... (cup and ball video is definitely to come).
One day I'll get that Kendamatty...
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...