News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Hi Tsari,

Nice to see you here in the forum :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Great to have you here, Lee. :)

Heorot

Hi all I'm Rose :) I got a kendama last year off the back of playing with one at the Hyper Japan convention. It's been added to my rather large collection of circus equipment; I've been juggling for about 9 years and poi spinning a little longer. Never been to LKO/BKO or any kendama events but would consider it. It's a skill I would like to improve on so hopefully this board will help.

The Void

Hi Rose,
Welcome aboard!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Logan

Hello everyone I'm Logan and I have been playing with a kendama for a little over a year. :)

KenSan

Welcome to the forum @Logan.

Lots of good kendama info on here!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Icemonkey

Hello everyone :D

My name is Jake (18 years old). I got my first kendama about a year ago, played it for a month or so and then set it back down.
I recently picked up my kendama again and am hoping to keep on playing it this time and to get much better.

I heard this was the best kendama forum around so I figured that I'd join.

My other interests include rock climbing, running and playing this game called Tap Tap Reloaded (modified version of Tap Tap Revenge... if you want to see what this is just click the link in my sig).

I hope to get better here and to meet you all! :D

shalafi

Welcome all to the forum, Heorot, Logan and Icemonkey!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BubenikJan

Hey everyone!

As my forum profile saying.. Originally I'm Bubenik Jan (Bubenik means DRUMMER by the way) but everyone just call me BJ.

I bought my first kendama sometime in 2008 at www.kendama.cz. It was the dark blue Ozora. I've been playing just for fun and nobody else wanted to join me.  :( :D That was the main reson I stopped playing... The other reason was that the worldwide internet community was just a little baby..

Since Christmas 2012 (December 2012) I found my old kendama in my bedroom so I tryed to write kendama on YouTube.. I was so excited about the new videos and new tricks which players invented during the last few years! I started playing kendama non-stop with new inspiration and trick variations. Then I introduce kendama to my friend

Since these days I'm playing as much as possible..

As well.. I'd love to come to any international competition when it's possible! Hope to meet someone of us guys! :)

BJ

BKA

Welcome, BJ, good to have you on board!

thifal99

Hello, my name is Thifal, you can call me Thifal. :D
I'm from Indonesia, I don't have a kendama, but I looking for buy it, but if I found someone who want to give me kendama I won't let my chance lost :D. Thank you very much  ;D :)
By the way, I'm 13 y.o now, and on 29 June 2015 WIB(in English it's Indonesian West Time)  ;D
I have dreamed three times about have a kendama, but it just a dream, I still saving money from my daily money, and It's still not enough to buy kendama. :-\ :D
Sorry, I think I don't have to tell that  ;D

BKA

Hello Thifal,
Welcome to the forum. We hope you manage to get a kendama soon.
Sometimes we have competitions on the forum. Keep an eye open, maybe you will get a chance to win one.

thaidiesky

Hello,

My name is Sky.  I was recently introduced to Kendamas through Justin Ye's posting KendamaFox's Edit #1.  I had seen Kendamas popping up in my area, but never anyone really adept at using them.  I was instantly intrigued and hooked.  Not knowing any better I purchased an all bamboo Kendama from Kaleb Kendama, I liked the way it looked.  It seems like a decent Kendama but after doing research I found that no one mentions them at all.  That was about 2 weeks ago, I now have 2 other Kendamas-a Tribute with a Sourmash tama, that I haven't been able to bring myself to play with the paint job is so cool, it is the one called Caramel Creation.  I just received a Deal With It Gloss Walnut (tama also by Sourmash) in the mail today.  This one I am playing with.  I found this forum with searches regarding Kendama brands and what people would recommend for a beginner.  After reading up here, it seems my next purchase will be an Ozora.  Thank you for having a place that a new comer like me can educate themselves. 

The Void

Hi @thaidiesky , Welcome to the forum. Glad the boards have been useful for you. Hope you enjoy it here, and welcome to kendama play!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Ginxxy

Hey everyone!

I'm Brandon, I bought my first kendama around 4 months ago (A b-grade purple zen) but stopped not very long after. I finally decided to pick it up again and learn the rest of the basics. I also do other object manipulation hobbies, like yoyoing and pen spinning. If anyone has some tips for a noobie like me I'm all ears  ;). Hope to see you guys around.