News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

KaP

I landed all the easy trick in the easy list of the Ken damApp and today I landed the jumping stick!! I'm working on the lighthouse but it's real difficult for me, I think that my kendama is too smooth. Could it be a problem the weight of the kendama? My kendama is a cheap one and weight 145 grams, in a 3d I read that the weight is normally between 65 and 85 grams...

BKA

A ken (alone) would typically weigh 60-80 grams depending on the wood. A complete kendama would be nearer 150. Check the Trick Archive in the Tricks board for some Lighthouse suggestions.

nobee

Hi all,

My name is Brenda, I'm from Ottawa, Canada and I'm completely new to kendama! I discovered it on another forum from pictures of a meetup and one of the members brought a kendama to play. I thought it was a funny looking toy, so I decided to research it and discovered all the YouTube videos from that.

I just received my first kendama (an ozura blue) yesterday and I can't believe how much of a workout I got from that! I'm already learning a lot from this forum. I'm going through just the basic tricks, and wow - it's pretty hard right now! My legs are sore today, and I've bruised my hand, but I'm already addicted.

Looking forward to learning more and getting better!  :)

Brenda

BKA

Hi. Brenda,
Welcome! Sore knees/legs is a good thing - it proves you're using good technique! Not sure about the bruised hand though. :-/
Always glad to have a new addict here. Keep it up!

nobee

Quote from: BKA on 09 September, 2014, 16:32:16
Hi. Brenda,
Welcome! Sore knees/legs is a good thing - it proves you're using good technique! Not sure about the bruised hand though. :-/
Always glad to have a new addict here. Keep it up!

Haha! The bruised hand is me trying the Aeroplane and then the spike hurling towards my hand after several attempts!  :'(

Thanks for the warm welcome BKA!

Cheers!

KendaMax

Hi,
i am from south germany, 44 years old.
I tried to add a pin at the member map, unsuccessfully.
What should i do?
Best regards
Max
Playing Kendama is highly addictive, don´t start.

BKA

Hi Max,
Welcome to the forum!
Oh, sorry you had trouble with the map. What browser are you using?
If you like we can put a pin in for you. PM us the approximate location you want it (or the lat/long co-ordinates).
Cheers!

KendaMax

Hi,
i tried it with firefox and microsoft explorer.
Cheers.

KendaMax

Hi,
now, with android, i had success.
Cheers.

JREAMR

Hello, everyone!

New to Kendama here. 25 years old.  Just 3 days ago, I was wandering Akihabara/Tokyo. I'm originally from California, US. I saw a bunch of people playing with this weird yoyo-like toy in a department store one night. I was instantly captivated. I was a bit shy, but I finally mustered the courage to ask someone. It turns out, the person I asked was Sweets. My life has changed since then. I picked up my first Kendama thanks to Sweets. I've been practicing for hours now. Still have a bit of trouble with the spike...but I'm going to get this. I hope to learn a lot here, as well as make new friends :)
Catch me if you can.

BKA

Hi JREAMR, welcome aboard! Check out the FAQ threads, and the Essential Eleven, and dive in!

Diggthisskendama

Hey there guys! My name is Wil Bowler! started playing kendama around 18 months ago, started by playing casually, learnt a few tricks here and there. For the last 4 months i have been playing solidly and have made more progression towards the kendama player i want to be than i imagined. Kendama means so much to me and effects my every day to day life. It has taught me patience and the ability to focus longer. I turn to it as a stress buster and to forget life's stresses. I'm totally addicted to the buzz after landing a trick that has been attempted hundreds of times.

I am currently living in Oxford and would love to jam with some nearby people!

follow me on instagram: diggthisskendama

peace and love!

Wil

BKA

Hey Wil,
Good to have you on the forum.

Theamerican

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I have been playing kendama for about a year now, I've self tested myself to pre-dan, and I hope to get officially ranked soon.

BKA