News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Brinx

Thanks @KenSan! Good tips! Yeah my goal is to keep practicing every day, thanks for the warm welcome to the forum!

The Void

Welcome @KendamaGuide !
@otherincome Welcome. It sounds like you are after business advice... I'll just say good luck.

@Brinx I watched a couple of your vids. Looks like you've got good knee-work going, and are getting nicely "deep". :-) I often also think Candlestick can seem a bit dull/basic, but here are a couple of options for you, to spice it up: 1. After you get it, immediately Spike it. I'll leave you to have fun working out how. 2. Go Around The Block in Candle grip... and to Body Catch.
For Gunslinger, it's probably helpful to distinguish between "Gunslinger" (with the ball on the spike throughout the whole trick), which does happen in the Gunslinger grip you describe, and "Gunslinger X", which usually involves only the ken being 'slung while something else is going on with the tama, and is more often done from ken grip (and often with the thumb on the big cup for leverage into the 'sling).
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Chunky Nutwhip

Hello!

I thought I'd introduce myself after lurking for a while.  I'm friend of Johndmc who posts here, and I guess it's his fault that I'm here.  John introduced me to kendama about 4 months ago now and I don't remember putting it down since??

I used to be a kids entertainer and have previous experience of juggling, diabolo, unicycle, and various other 'circus' skills and as soon as I had a crack at kendama I knew it was right up my street!

As far as other interests go I play piano, guitar, drums and I'm a keen hypnotist!

Looking forward to meeting other kendama heads! 

Scott

BKA

Welcome, Scott, good to have you here!
What's the trick you're currently closest to getting?

Chunky Nutwhip

Thanks you!

I'm currently working on juggles, one turn lighthouse and lighthouse flips.  Getting more consistent every day.  I really feel like I'm at the point where I need to learn some transition moves between grips so I can get more of a flow going and big up my combos!!

BKA

Good stuff after 4 months! Well, have a rummage around in the Tricks forum to see what advice you can find. And just keep on clicking!

Oh, and well done to @johndmc for creating a new player. :)

Chunky Nutwhip

That's the plan  :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

johndmc

I recently gave 2 kendamas as presents to friends who got married, hopefully might have 2 more in the future ;-)
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

johndmc

I have been extremely impressed by your progress though Scott, you've accomplished more in 4 months than I have in 3 years lol Although you have been pretty committed to your practice unlike myself

Chunky Nutwhip

Thanks man, I'm glad you used the word committed rather than obsessed, others wouldn't  ::)

johndmc

Oblivion

Hi All,

My name is Ollie short for (Oliver) i am known as The Goat XD

I Brought my first Kendama 4 days ago which was a TK16 with a red ball, I havent really put the Kendama Down since i have had (Work gets in the way)
im totally hooked i am Uk Based and Love life.

Kendama is something i picked up while down at lure City (pokemon go) watching a random dude with his Kendama and was fixed on getting my own and practising to get to his level. i thanked him for everything as without him i would have never known about this wonderful Challenging world of Kendama !

Love too speak to you all and be part of this community !!
Thanks

BKA

Hi Ollie, @Oblivion
Welcome to the forum! Which part of the UK are you based in? Have you checked out the Member Map (and added yourself)? Maybe there are some other players near you...

Hope you enjoy it here.
Cheers.

Oblivion

Quote from: BKA on 16 August, 2016, 14:02:57
Hi Ollie, @Oblivion
Welcome to the forum! Which part of the UK are you based in? Have you checked out the Member Map (and added yourself)? Maybe there are some other players near you...

Hope you enjoy it here.
Cheers.

Just updated my profile so my pin should be there now.
Thanks for the help
P.s i have got another 2 people into the Kendama community so there are 4 of us that live in that area XD

BKA