News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

BenBenVx

GT-Prospect The Stodd

Crazy to think someone offered me $180 for this 3 days ago.
I turned it down, this thing slays!

Dimensions

Their designed for playing, so play them. I would say that to anyone with a Mugen too
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BenBenVx

Exactly! If you buy them, play them! I love this man, can t believe people would buy them and mugens just to keep on the shelf.

MelkyReb

Quote from: BenBenVx on 03 April, 2015, 14:00:37
Exactly! If you buy them, play them! I love this man, can t believe people would buy them and mugens just to keep on the shelf.
I agree with you @BenBenVx . IMO if you are going to spend 180 bucks on a kendama, then might as well play with it to get its values worth.     
Because spending 180 dollars on an ornament piece is just uncivilized in my opinion. Then again, I don't mean to bash those who do buy these exotic kendamas for display I mean they do look so nice though. Just my 2 cents.
Addicted to Kendama since 2013! Better than any drug out there... :o

Leologic777

@thethreepostsabovemyone

I agree i woudn't spend that much money just to display something

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

kayadama

I tried to buy a 2bears ken as it looked rad, had no luck and didnt expect them to sell that quickly. Did however get this lot in the post today thanks to craftybuddy, which is nice for a saturday.

Leologic777

Saw that on Instagram. Are you yowdyroots? Dope damas btw I love the Keyaki.

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

MelkyReb

Quote from: kaia on 04 April, 2015, 16:10:24
I tried to buy a 2bears ken as it looked rad, had no luck and didnt expect them to sell that quickly. Did however get this lot in the post today thanks to craftybuddy, which is nice for a saturday.

damn. that grain on the sarado of the premium ozora and the keyaki is sexy! oh yeah i saw this on instagram too nice pickup!
Addicted to Kendama since 2013! Better than any drug out there... :o

LarsVegas

This is what the Easter bunny brought me today. It's really great. I just tried it once before. Many tricks seem to be easier than with a Kendama, but of course I haven't explored all the possibilities yet. Tricks I landed so far are e.g.
Spike, of course
Swing in, also with one turn
Aeroplane
Earth turn, also with one, two, and three turns (if I counted correctly)
Reverse swing in, also with one turn
Lighthouse, or however you call it, when you catch the spiky part on the other one with the spike pointing upwards.
Downspike
It's a great addition to Kendama. Thanks to Krom for still offering pills at an affordable price. Some prices out there are just outrageous.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I managed to get hold of these two last week. #notforsale
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@Void How do you just "manage" to get hold of those two?

I came across one on eBay last night for £383 plus £2.69 delivery (at least that was reasonable) ;D
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

I bought them back off someone I sold them to 7 years ago.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Is that someone not playing anymore? 7 years ago mugen were not discontinued yet, right?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

azleonhart

Quote from: shalafi on 08 April, 2015, 21:12:07
Is that someone not playing anymore? 7 years ago mugen were not discontinued yet, right?

@shalafi JKA Mugens were discontinued this very month, 7 years ago (2008).
What the trick?