News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Japanese Garden, Hasselt, Belgium - 4th May

Started by HansNickmans, 19 April, 2014, 17:00:08

Previous topic - Next topic

HansNickmans

Hey everyone!

On the 4th of May Kendama Belgium will be playing kendama at the KOI-NOBORI (Day of the Kids) in the Japanese Garden in Hasselt. The local Circus Shop (Circus Jojo) supplied us with kendamas to try and spread the love. Come and hang out and play dama in a Japanese background between 14u-18u. There is a public parc nearby to play before or after the Garden's opening hours.

We will have some more meets at the Japanese Garden in the future. Like our Kendama Belgium facebook page for future events!

ps: At this point, we are dependent on the Japanese Garden for event dates. Apologies for coinciding with the BKO
Kendama Belgium!

HansNickmans

We had a great day at the Japanese garden. A lot of kids and parents who tried out the kendama. Too bad we didn't had any to sell, but we'll arrange that next time! Two guys from the Spikedama crew came over from the Netherlands, which was great! Hopefully we can keep this going and try and expand the community.

Also, the person responsible for the Japanese garden told me they had some kendamas in storage. They turned out to be two 80's sakuras, and I traded a new oozora for one. So a great day for the collection as well :-)

After closing time we played a lot of ken in a nearby park, and I managed to do the 'Naruto Furiken' for the first time. Also a lot of our players outdid themselves with new tricks and some great combos on film.

Hopefully in summer we'll be able to do this again!
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

We missed you at BKo, but it sounds like you all had a really fun and constructive day, so...
All good! :)

HansNickmans

Here is some footage from our day at the Japanese Garden! Thanks to our Belgian players, the Japanese Garden, local circus shop Circus Jojo, the Graaf brothers for crossing the border and Ceres for filming/editing!

Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Cool stuff! You definitely did a good job spreading the word. Kudos!
Lovely trick at 3:28. Weren't you trying something like that in Best Trick EKO 2013?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!