News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Hyper Japan - JKA having a stall. Work shops, grading exams, fun games, etc, etc

Started by Craftybuddy, 06 June, 2013, 23:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Craftybuddy

https://www.facebook.com/hyperjapan?fref=ts

There is an event called Hyper Japan, held in London, Earls Court Exhibition centre from 26th July Friday to 28th July Sunday. One of the JKA Committee members and other couple of JKA members are coming to have a stall there, holding workshops, Kyu/Dan grading exams and "Experience" events for the general public to let them have a go with Kendama plays. Fun games, as well as new JKA T-shirts they will bring for sale!!

I will be there to help them for the event - please come and join (you need to buy a ticket to gain the entry into the Hyper Japan, but this is really a "Little Japan" you can experience, without costing fortune for the airfare!! You will not be disappointed!

Please check it up at www.hyperjapan.co.uk

BKA

A great chance for any Brits who aren't going to the EKO to meet up with some Japanese players. What a shame it clashes!

shalafi

Why oh why does it have to clash? I can't go to any of the events... :(
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

I will be there on the Saturday doing some EKO practice, getting some speed trick K tips and hopefully upping my Dan grade!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

kendamajohnny

LarsVegas

Hmm, I can't go to Toulouse. Too long and all the important Kendama  stuff is mid-week. But going to London on a Saturday seems more possible. If I become sufficently safe for Pre-Dan, I'll go :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Sorry you can't make it to EKO, Lars. If you manage to make it to HyperJapan - good luck and have fun!
[user]kendamajohnny[/user] - Don't say you're finally going to get a grading?! Good luck to you too.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamajohnny

who can tell  ;) I really need to practise moshi kame if I do though!

Craftybuddy

@kendamajohnny and @Lars, please just come - never mind if you decided not to take the grading exams... (although it might not cost you any to take it, so why dont you have a go?)

Also, you will see some brand new kendamas that JKA specially made for this occasion - ttherefore not been sold anywhere else (these will be sold later, so I understand).

Apart from that, this is like Japan coming to us instead of costing you more than £1000 to visit Japan!   ;D

I would also love to meet with you so, hopefully you'll make it!!

Yoko

kendamajohnny

Ok, trains booked and tickets booked. I'm definitely coming and I'm looking forward to it :D :D
A friend of mine that plays a bit of kendama is also coming along as well, but we can only make for the friday.
See you there!

Craftybuddy

Quote from: kendamajohnny on 11 July, 2013, 23:05:55
Ok, trains booked and tickets booked. I'm definitely coming and I'm looking forward to it :D :D
A friend of mine that plays a bit of kendama is also coming along as well, but we can only make for the friday.
See you there!
 Loovelyyyy!!!  It opens at 2pm but you'll have plenty of choice and options for purchasing and enjoying things at the event then, before stalls and traders become out of stock on Sat/Sun!!
Looking forward to meeting with you all!  :D

Yoko

LarsVegas

I re-started Pre-Dan practicing last night and it looks promising. You see, I'm from southern Germany and by going to London for one day, there must be something special. Not that Hyper Japan and meeting some Kendama players isn't already special in itself, mind you. But to get that exam would be the icing on the cake. And it looks like that would be my only chance this year to get an official JKA grading.

Do you think I can buy tickets at the venue? Or do I have to order in advance?

Oh, and if I come, it'll be on Saturday. But I have to check flight availability yet.

Craftybuddy

Quote from: LarsVegas on 12 July, 2013, 16:10:37
I re-started Pre-Dan practicing last night and it looks promising. You see, I'm from southern Germany and by going to London for one day, there must be something special. Not that Hyper Japan and meeting some Kendama players isn't already special in itself, mind you. But to get that exam would be the icing on the cake. And it looks like that would be my only chance this year to get an official JKA grading.

Do you think I can buy tickets at the venue? Or do I have to order in advance?

Oh, and if I come, it'll be on Saturday. But I have to check flight availability yet.
Hi LarsVagas,

You can still buy the ticket at the door in that day. But as you can imagine the price is slightly higher, but if you are interested in Japanese things, this ticket (all day valid) will entertain you for the whole day.

I hope you can make it...!

Yoko

LarsVegas

Well, flight and ticket is booked. I'm a little bit (for values of "little bit" >= infinite) nervous. But I'm also looking forward to it. I'm heavily practicing for the exam. See you in London.

Lars