News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sweets Atack or homegrown/woodgrain??

Started by SirMylo, 26 August, 2014, 03:39:42

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMylo

Alright so I have an Ozora, which is amazing, I mean I love it.  But its very hard for me to do any balancing tricks as in Lighthouse, Lunars, etc.  I'm looking to get a sticky kendama, not the tribute super stick though, but possibly a sweets atack, or a homegrown/woodgrain.  Not to sure if the woodgrain is sticky or not, but I know for a fact its a lot easier to do balance tricks, based on my experience using my friend's kendama.  So Atack or natural/Woodgrain/homegrown?  If there are big differences between the homegrown, natural, and woodgrain, please feel free to say so, but please no answers like, "Oh the atack is way to sticky.  Get a tribute super stick."  Thank you!  New to the forum so please spam with answers :)
SirMylo :P

The Void

Hi Mylo,
Welcome to the forum. My usual, and boring answer, is that it's not the kendama, it's you. Practice more, learn Lighthouse on your Ozora without seeking the crutch of a sticky kendama, and you'll end up as a better player.
If you really want a new kendama, get the one you like the look of best. (Or read through the reviews/advice to get a feel of opinions.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

PikWik

aTacks are sticky. just as sticky as a silk tribute, imo. if you play too long with a tama thats "sticky," when you play with a slick tama, its like having to learn to play all over again. woodgrain kendamas are my all time favorites. i would honestly get a natural ozora, and play it til it breaks!

SirMylo

Thank you for the answers!  To be honest, now I agree with you Void.  I'll work on my lighthouses and lunars on the ozora.  Right now I dont know If Im replying to one of you or both, but thanks for the advice.  And Pik, i think My next kendama will be a woodgrain :)  seems like something I would like.  Thanks guys. 
SirMylo :P

Spirit Kendama

If however an aTack interests you I have one for sale at a reduced price ;)