News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

[user]The Void[/user], your records have been viewed by a moderator, and their decision is.....

2 Connected Juggle to Big Cups approved.

Note: Moderators may participate in record attempts, but if so, their attempts will be judged by a different moderator. Any attempts at breaking a record currently held by a moderator will be judged by a different moderator.

shalafi

mmm, that should be an easy one...

Famous last words.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mrjuggles

I'm starting to feel bad for whoever will be verifying my new swing-in spike record...Hehe.  Or is it whomever?

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 19 November, 2014, 16:14:27
So, "doable" then, shalafi? ;)
Famous last words... Maybe with a stringless kendama. Also, I get a terrible grip after the juggle, so connecting is complicated...

BKA

[user]The Void[/user], your records have been viewed by a moderator, and their decision is.....

I'm approving your record at 16 Scoop Spikes. Nice one!

Note: Moderators may participate in record attempts, but if so, their attempts will be judged by a different moderator. Any attempts at breaking a record currently held by a moderator will be judged by a different moderator.

BKA

Quote from: mrjuggles on 20 November, 2014, 06:23:26I'm starting to feel bad for whoever will be verifying my new swing-in spike record...Hehe.  Or is it whomever?
Someone put the coffee on.... :)

Kev

He posted that 5 hours ago, do you think he's still at it?!

BKA

mrjuggles

Quote from: Kev on 20 November, 2014, 11:39:36
He posted that 5 hours ago, do you think he's still at it?!

I'm very glad I wasn't consuming liquids as I read that!

Filming will commence shortly, hopefully I can beat my run from a few days ago...

The Void

Just noticed that although I have the record for Backhand Slip-on-stick, there was no record for (standard) Slip-on-stick. Better do something about that then...
Slip-on-stick - kendama consistency - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mrjuggles

Quote from: BKA on 20 November, 2014, 10:57:57
Quote from: mrjuggles on 20 November, 2014, 06:23:26I'm starting to feel bad for whoever will be verifying my new swing-in spike record...Hehe.  Or is it whomever?
Someone put the coffee on.... :)

Better put on 2 pots!

I'm still counting.

EDIT: I counted 154, hopefully they all count!

BKA

[user]mrjuggles[/user], your records have been viewed by a moderator, and their decision is.....

Interesting!....
Now, for this trick, the strict competition/grading rule is that the trick must start with the ball held, and on the release, the ball must immediately start to swing forwards, with no backswing beforehand.

So, with this in mind, what do we make of your efforts?...

Hmmm, tricky. Now you start with the ball held, sure, but then what, precisely?
On close watching, my decision is that although there appears to be a very small backswing, this is still while the ball is being held, and on release the forwards movement begins. However it is very borderline, and therefore, I was watching like a hawk for any infraction... which I detected on attempt number 100, so...

You have set the record at 99 Swing Ins.

Note for you/others in future: Try to make sure that the string is not vertical at the beginning of your attempt, by holding the ball (at least slightly) behind the ken. A 45˚ angle in the string (relative to the floor) is recommended.

PS How appropriate that your current forum status is "Swing In King"  ;)

shalafi

It's been a long time, eh?

So, it is neither stabs, nor big cup juggle.

I decided to go for something a bit newer: Scoop up Big Cup.

Kendama Consistency: Scoop-up Big Cup - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

[user]shalafi[/user], your records have been viewed by a moderator, and their decision is.....

A) That's not Scoop Up Big Cup, it's Scooping Big Cup
B) The trick rule as defined for EKO 2012 was "6. Sukui Oozara/Scooping Big Cup (Cross-piece must be vertical at contact)" (about 15° error was allowed).
C) Therefore, sorry, none count. :-( Cross-piece too tilted each time.