News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sweets Biggie

Started by Anthony A, 20 June, 2012, 19:07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony A

I think it's time we talk about the Sweets Biggie. I've had one for about 2 months now. I was going to get a Frost but I decided against it and just went with the classic glossy finish.

The ken is SOLID. Nothing to complain about here. The spike is also great and very pointy. Make sure to put glue on it as it takes an extra beating due to the weight of the ball and the ken. Lunars are possible but the ken feels a little off balance. Not too bad though and certainly not like a Taiyo.

The paint feels good and is still being broken in. The paint around the hole is beginning to chip away, leaving the wood of the ball exposed. As it stands right now birds and stilts are giving me some trouble due to the fact that it's basically the wood of the ball sitting on the wood of the ken. I'm hoping that over time this will go away. The hole of the ball is also extra big (not just at the top) which makes spiking easier. Earth turns feel fine however the large hole makes UFO's feel uncomfortable. Since the spike sits so loosely in the hole it makes it hard to get the rotation needed for a UFO. You just need to make sure that the ken is tilted slightly for the UFO and this problem is gone.

The string is the stripped string that they have been using on their regular kendamas.

Overall despite my complaints I really like this kendama. Sweets' new paint on their regular kendamas is awesome. I feel like Sweets and other people say that a lot but Christian Fraser let me try his with new paint and I'm pretty confident in my statement. If they apply that paint to this kendama it will be golden.

*Edit / Update*

UFO's feel fine now. I just had to get used to the bigger hole. The paint is still holding up well and I still only have the chips around the hole and one other chip. Lunars still feel slightly off due to the weight distribution of the ken.

Make sure you keep up with the glue on the tip! It gets worn down very easily with the biggie.