News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[Books] Spike!, Knees! and Click!

Started by BKA, 30 June, 2012, 19:32:43

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

The books by The Void and Donald Grant are now available in N. America via KendamaUSA. Check out the books page for more info/stockists, etc.

Reviews welcome.

BKA

Oops, we seem to have posted this before K.USA have had a chance to add them to their site!  :o  They'll be up there soon, we're sure.... See?

BKA

HansNickmans

I have recently purchased these books and I must say they are great! Useful tips on the standard tricks, combined with variations you never thought of. There are also a lot of tricks I never even tried before (mostly in 'Knees'). In particular I enjoyed the string/knot tricks I saw Donald Grant do but couldn't make out from a video.

You will definitely learn something new from these, and in addition it's just a great library of possible tricks, even if you already know how to do them. The order of tricks in 'Spike' can also be helpful when teaching new clickers (although you could persuade them to just buy the book :)).

Great work Donald and Void!
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Thanks for the kind words, Hans. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)
Edit: Quoted you on the website too! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Any plans for an ebook version any time?

Would be really great to always have loaded in my phone wherever I am.

Very much enjoyed the pdf sample btw.

Didn't Donald illustrate a juggling book a while back?

BKA

Quote from: Kev on 21 March, 2013, 14:48:18Any plans for an ebook version any time? Would be really great to always have loaded in my phone wherever I am.
Not currently, no.
Very much enjoyed the pdf sample btw.
Glad to hear it.
QuoteDidn't Donald illustrate a juggling book a while back?
Apart from http://donaldgrantdiabolo.wordpress.com/books-and-dvds/ ? Possibly... Donald?

Kev

Ah yes , it was those Diablo books I was thinking of!

Regards a PDF or ebook - I'd gladly pay the same price as the paper edition, just prefer it as a) fits in your pocket and b) stays flat and open on table unlike a book so easier to read while playing.

donald grant

Hey Kev,  Guilty as charged; yes, I was responsible for the series of diabolo books (still available at all good stockists!)  Doing the kendama books also meant I had to learn to draw hands ;) !  Glad you like 'em, oh, and welcome to the forum!
Cheers, Donald

Kev

Thanks Donald. I know a lot of people with those diablo books. From what I've seen of the kendama books looks like you've done another excellent job. :)

Kev

Right then! Spike & Knees both ordered -

Can't wait :)

Thanks Donald & Void.

Kev

Both books arrived today, nice and swift delivery (thanks).

Just got to say, they are simply brilliant!

Both have incredibly clear descriptions, easy to follow instructions and charming and helpful artwork.

If anyone has any hesitation about picking these up - just do it! They're a quality item, nicely produced and jam packed full of trick that will probably keep me going forever.

Such good value for money too.

Highly recommended, 5 stars all round. Support the Kendama crew!

:)

The Void

Thanks for the kind words, Kev. Glad they arrived nice and quickly, and you're enjoying them. Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

emagdnim

Just ordered them, can't wait til they come

happygoat

Could be nice if it was possible to buy them as a pdf download...