News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Spike to Lighthouse

Started by Tetsuya Takahashi, 12 May, 2013, 00:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya Takahashi

I've been trying to nail this move but I always end up failing at it.
This move looks really cool when done successfully to me and I was wondering if anyone knew about a tutorial on this or had any tips.

br4d24

I believe you are talking about build the lighthouse? Where you catch an aeroplane and then flick it up to lighthouse?

Misterwhang

I have only gotten it a few times but I think you just have to practice lighthouse until your balance is perfect, then move on to practicing the flip. Its all about the knees when you do the flip :)

BKA

Quite possible he means Spike to (Fast Hand) 1-Turn Lighthouse, Brad. It's quite feasible to throw the ken forward and up from a "caught Spike" position, with some spin, catch the ball, and then catch the ken in a Lighthouse. And, come to think about it, it's also got to be possible to do it without the 1-Turn too, just lift the ball off the Spike, and swoop it down to nail a (Fast Hand) Lighthouse.

So, which one do you mean, Tetsuya?

Yoda

If you mean spike to fast hand one turn lighthouse, try to do something like a gunslinger but release the ken just after you start it. For me it works preety good. And of course...   KNEES!
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

br4d24

This is what you guys are talking about?

I assumed it was an easier trick because from what i recall Tetsuya Takahashi is slightly behind me in skill level - and since i cant even get close to landing bigcup throw lighthouse i figured he meant build the lighthouse, which i would gladly make another tutorial for!

in the meantime i found this:

Misterwhang

That is soooo cooooooool!

Misterwhang

Dude thanks a bunch! that video linked me to many good examples of tricks!!

br4d24

NP! I actually decided to make a thread with all of the vidoes that are up by sweets:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1100.0.html

Tetsuya Takahashi

BKA has it, the spike fasthand one turn was what I was talking about.

strangely build the lighthouse was one of my first advanced moves in my second to third week of playing dama.

P.S. I'm nothing compared to br4d I`ve only been playing for about 5 months and I have a looong way to go. Thanks for the tutorial br4d it helped a lot

br4d24

hey man! if you are going after tricks like this fasthand throw then you are just as good/right on my heals!

I really wanna do an online jam sometime with people on here! We should try and organize it through fb and here!

Add me on fb: https://www.facebook.com/bradreeves24 and just mention you are from bka forum (that goes for whoever see this)

Tetsuya Takahashi

Totally I'm up for it!!