News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Cheers @The Void. Got it again today on the faithful natty ozora and almost on the ronin too. Wouldn't say I'm anywhere  near consistent but I am getting a feel for the technique.  Never landed any slip grip specials though.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

donald grant

Infinity slinger to space walk to bird and in happened today between shows. Made me happy :)

shalafi

Today I recorded the next 4 rounds for outlink, a trick for the collaboration video and one for the endless combo.

Good weather on a Sunday, I had to make good use of it!

And I haven't done my Dan test yet.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

... met up with Till and Kentaro from Kendama Berlin, Kentaro was in Japan, came back with a nice new Mugen Musou with meteor red tama, amongst other scandalously beautiful kendamas.

Landed my first Whirlwind late Whirlwind Earth Turn, love to get into a challenge like that and just feel it getting closer as you ratchet up on the accuracy/technique. Pretty happy with that result!

Oh yeah, found just about the only trick I managed to film during a month in South Korea, here it is:

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Nice one (edit: two) Milky.
Today with aching legs, I scraped a 6th Dan practice pass.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I had a bash at a pirouetted hyperloop, the staircase, and swapping the infinite suicide in front and behind the arm. No joy at any of them. Fared better with a 40-catch 5c cascade, about 3 years since I've tried that, so fairly pleased. Plus, had a pass of some old school patterns at Jon U.

Oh, wait, .... wrong forum!
Well, I recorded a couple of silly kendama things too.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today I was having a pretty good IKO run... until the last trick. Missed a couple of tricks on a 6th Dan practice too.

the milky oolong

Quote from: The Void on 22 March, 2016, 00:49:59
Today I had a bash at a pirouetted hyperloop, the staircase, and swapping the infinite suicide in front and behind the arm.

You had me hook, line and for a minute there, Void, thought I'd missed something pretty big. Without any idea how those tricks look like in whatever discipline they belong to (diabolo?) I'm already trying to think of a kendama trick that would be appropriate to each name.

Today I was doing a job near the skate hall where @Peter W. works, and we met afterwards, and I got spanked in a few rounds of KEN while trying to keep out of the rain. Still, was great fun.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 23 March, 2016, 15:48:35(diabolo?)
Gold star!
QuoteI'm already trying to think of a kendama trick that would be appropriate to each name.
Hmmm, knowing what the diabolo tricks are... I think I could come up with kendama versions. The concept of them, that is, not necessarily actually do them!

shalafi

There is already a very similar trick to the infinite suicide. Not sure what a hyperloop is, is it the same as a sprinkler?

donald grant

Similar beasts, shalafi: a hyperloop is like a sprinkler with the left hand stick still inside the loop.

Had a four show day today (eep!) but at least I had a lot of backstage playtime. Highlight of the afternoon was one turn knuckle lighthouse insta lateral orbit one turn falling down. (takes longer to describe than to do :))

donald grant

Another four show day today. Kendama highlight between shows was double swirl one turn late tap one turn lighthouse. Also pulled off a trapeze acrobats 2 turn lighthouse :) Last day of work tomorrow!

The Void

Those sound funky, Donald. I look forward to seeing them soon.
Today my IKO practice was going okay until the breeze picked up.

shalafi

So, today I made a new combo, not sure if saving it for a TTT or for the forum collaboration.

And I self-certified 2nd Dan for the 4th time in a row. I am finally getting stable runs. I hope to keep it up for another 2 weeks :)

shalafi

Today I went running instead of doing Kendama, but my overall shape was demanding it