News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stilts?

Started by NewPlayer, 22 April, 2014, 23:20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of kendama should I use??

Sweets
4 (50%)
Kendama USA
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

NewPlayer

Hi, I have been playing with the kendama for about a week now and I have been progressing really well. I am moving onto bird houses and stilts. I can do birdhouse difficulty because my kendama is kind of glossy. Is there a type of kendama that is sticky and good for stilts and bird houses?

BKA

Practice. It's not the kendama, it's you. Keep going. And I think you mean "Bird" - never heard of "Birdhouse".

PikWik

both are great. i would go with a pro model tribute if youre just starting out. the cherry wood ones are very nicely balanced (same weight for tama/ken)

and to answer the question on which one will help land those tricks faster. its practice man. Practice.
i would just leave stilts be for a while; until you are comfortable with lunars (1-out of-3)

birds will come much quicker because theyre not an active balance trick. just find where it needs to 'sit' and adjust your grip to allow the tama to fall in place. birds are very similar to a spike but instead of spiking on the sword, spike with the cup rim and cushion the landing with your arm/knees. i like to rest my thumb/forefinger right where the spike and cups meet. then, pull the tama straight up without tilting and land on the cup edge. it will also be leaning back onto the spike for support, but landing on the cup's edge is where you need to practice