News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sol kendamas

Started by tama_ttyler, 30 September, 2014, 16:16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

tama_ttyler

was looking at a full maple sol kendama the other day because I've always wanted an all maple.  I haven't been able to find many reviews on sol kendamas and was wondering if anyone has had one or if they've heard good things about them. Thanks in advance!
-Tama_ttyler

HansNickmans

I checked their site and they look like some nice hardwood kendamas for a very low price. Don't know if that will reflect in the quality, so I'm also very curious on any feedback on these.
Kendama Belgium!

BenPycroft24

I've heard nothing but positive feedback about sol kendamas. Everyone I've spoken to who has one has nothing but good things to say about them. I'd say go for it!

PikWik

altho theyre not sweets homegrown quality, they play just fine.
the striped maple i got is a little off balance between the ken and tama (64g tama, 78g ken). which does give a chunky feel when doing trade-style tricks. like, when you do a juggle from a starting position, the weight of the tama feels much lighter for the launch and then when the ken is thrown i always have to adjust to the difference and commit it to muscle memory. if the tama and ken were more closely matched, the weight difference wouldnt be something that id think about, id just play.

if i had to compare the ken shape to another brand id say the zen from kendamaCo.

nils

I pretty much love my Sol Maple. It has been my go-to kendama since I got it. It feels super solid.
Mr European Speed Trick Champion 2010! :D (as suggested by The Void)

BenPycroft24

Another great kendama is the full walnut with maple stripe from sunrise is an awesome kendama to play. I'm sorry that this is off topic.