News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Who is the best kendama player in the world?

Started by AlexSmith, 06 November, 2012, 19:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

The Void

Ha ha!

So, it says "The British Kendama Champion is The Void. Wait until May 31st for the All Japan Kendama Championship. ChaCha!"

Which doesn't answer the question at all. It was "Answered - 69 days ago at 4:04pm on Aug 28 2012", so the first sentence is wrong: Matt Nix is the current British Champion.

The only acceptable answer to the question posed is Naoki Murakami (current world champion). There is always the argument that "X only won because Y, Z and し weren't there", but of course, in a competition you can only ever be "The best of the people that showed up that day".

Plus of course, what on earth does "best" mean? !

Cheers for the laugh, Alex. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

Void no matter what they say you are the people's champion![nb]People in this case is ChaCha[/nb]
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

AlexSmith

Once you can sort of do all of the 'basic tricks' with a kendama, 'best' begins to become a useless term. As you progress further it becomes even less descriptive of a person's skills. Everyone has their own style.

...not that I'm saying you're not the best, Void. I heard you were the favourite in the final round against Naoki Murakami, until you decided to not show up for mysterious reasons..

The Void

It was so kind of Mukai-san to stand in for me. ^_^
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!