News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

GbH

Swing-to-bird -> small cup wingwalker  :o

Yeah, the wingwalker was an accident, but I was rather pleased with myself regardless.

The Void

Quote from: GbH on 22 August, 2011, 13:11:44Swing-to-bird -> small cup wingwalker  :o
Yeah, the wingwalker was an accident, but I was rather pleased with myself regardless.

Swing to Small Bird, not Big, I guess, as the transition would be easier from the former? Well done.
I managed to go from Wingwalker to Bird on my new white Sunrise yesterday (but not back again, which is harder).

400 moshi kame at the kettle today.

Well done Thorny - I'm not sure I've even done 2-turn LH yet.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

GbH

Quote from: The Void on 22 August, 2011, 13:25:39
Swing to Small Bird, not Big, I guess,

Nope.  Swing to Big Bird.   :)

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today (a few minutes ago, actually) I landed a 1-turn aeroplane. It is the 2nd time I do it and it was just after a few attempts, it felt sort of easy...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

AlexSmith

Ah the pull up three turn lighthouse... Sooo much trickier than the two turn pull up lighthouse.
Hint: want to learn pull up two turn LH? Just skip to three turn and try it a whole bunch of times. Going back to two turn will suddenly feel incredibly easier.

Thorny

Thanks for the compliments guys!
I agree with Alex's little three turn LH hint. I think that's how I got two turn relatively consistant.

The Void

Well done Shalafi. I seemed to have lost my 1-turn aero yesterday - it just would not come. Maybe I'll find it again today.

I had a crack at 2-turn LH yesterday. It seems hard, but achievable after a while, although consistency would be a fairly big problem.

Alex, the 'try something harder to make it seem easier' tip is very familiar to me from the juggling world. Struggling with 5 balls? Try 7!  :)

The Void

Today I hit 1000 moshi kame for the first time. Unfortunately, I also missed one of the compulsory tricks, so I didn't get to self-certify myself as 4th dan.

I did also get 3 rotor blades in a row though. :)

KendAlex

shalafi

Void, that's amazing progress :)

How many moshi kames were at the end, or did you just stopped after 1.000?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 24 August, 2011, 08:23:13
Void, that's amazing progress :)

How many moshi kames were at the end, or did you just stopped after 1.000?
I stopped. Maybe I'll try some pure endurance runs soon, but 1000 is tiring enough!

LarsVegas

I remember being quite exhausted (also mentally - you get in a strange state of mind) after juggling e.g. 1000 catches with balls - respect for 1000 moshikames. You can't even switch hands.

At 135 cpm it should take you about 7'30'' at maximum. How long did it actually take?

lars
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I did start the stopwatch, but I was so pleased at managing the 1000, that I forgot to stop it until later. I'm sure I was going at slightly faster than 135bpm though, perhaps more like 145 or 150, so probably 7m to 7m15, something like that, at a guess.

Meanwhile, it's lunchtime.... time to fuel up, then head out to the garden for another day's training!

AlexSmith

Nice work, I've only really tried a moshikame run once or twice while keeping track. I think the last time I did I made about 270 or so. Maybe I'll try a run today and see how far I can make it.
Otherwise, in the spirit of the thread, today I woke up in the Redwood forest in north California. So amazing, some of the trees are 10 feet in diameter or more, and you can only imagine how tall. Going to be able to find some very cool spots to film I think...