News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Quote from: modraska on 23 November, 2014, 06:58:33
how do you like it? i think i want it but i should not. it's hard to refuse, especially with that nice graphics.

I like it a lot, but of course I've not played it - it will become the property of whoever wins the first Berlin Kendama Battle, which will happen as soon as we have enough solid players for such a tournament. Right now things aren't looking good.

The tama has a grip surface, which makes me wonder - how did Throkild compete with it during the World Championship? I mean, as it's freestyle, maybe there are different overall rules, but all those Lunars and so-forth, surely easier on a grippy than on a JKA approved ken?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

The World Cup was a Gloken event, not a JKA one. There were no restrictions, other than size, on what kendama you could use.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Ah, thanks [user]Void[/user] for the clarification. I feel like a chump by the way; no photo yet of the lovely new Tribute you guys sent me - hopefully someone has a camera today so I can get a photo, or better yet a nice tricklet with it. Watch this space...
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

I got a donation from Yoko Warburton for running kendama workshops and other events in Ireland.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I got my Loaded cliff from Krom. Since it is my Christmas present, I won't take it out of the box by now, but I'll post photos after Christmas.

LarsVegas

I got two new Kendamas:
* The orange Play Pro is from Marc (of Kendama Europe). I got it after animating/consulting people at their booth at the Stuttgart Toy Fare. It fits my hoodie very well
* The metallic green Ozora Galaxy is a gift from Seiji Okamoto, owner of the famous Chariran-ya restaurant (the one in Osaka with the many runner's numbers in the window and the wall full of Kendamas - https://www.facebook.com/chari.ran.ya.100rakusou). Thank you Seiji-san, Kendama nights at your place are awesome.
As usual, I find them to beautiful to play with - got to get over this ...
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I got the first of these a few days ago. I've been too ill to use any of them yet, unfortunately.
The second arrived today. Nice surprise - thank you Donald!  :)

(Log in to see the attachments.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

LarsVegas

EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

The small blue one is from a chain shop of gifts (Tiger) I'm not sure it exists in other countries.

Apparently it is packed for them. It has a hole all the way through the sarado (Kendama USA-like) and... it is stringed for left handed! That being said, it is playable, I managed furiken, aeroplanes and even a lighthouse.

But my fav of the pack is the green Krom. Sticky as hell and very nice to play straight out of the package.

Dimensions

photo hosting
My new toys from Christmas. On the left is my OG Ozora from Outlink which I only opened until recently. In the middle is a walnut/maple sunrise and on the left is an m&m branded 'dama. The yo-yo is an un branded "retro" yo-yo which has a ridiculously long sleep time.

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Trace3k

My besty bought me these. Knees is going to open up a whole new world for me.

mlarinen

Just got the padauk prototype from Kendama USA!

I was honestly a little disappointed when I opened the package, the colour was dull and it looked almost like dirty/greasy beech, a brownish beige colour - but a string change and an hours worth of playing changed that! I don't know if the picture do it justice, but it immediatly started to change into a deep and rich caramel-like colour with a reddish hue!

It also got one of the most satisfying clacks I've heard so far, a very crisp and delicate sound.

I got just one quibble about it, and it is the sarado. It arrived strung for right-handed players, but seeing as how am a leftie (and hate white strings, since it turns grey within a matter of hours) I had to restring it - which proved an ordeal! The sarado is such a tight fit, that I hardly managed to get it past the spike! I had to wiggle it and hammer it with the tama, whilst simultaneously pulling the string to keep it taut. It stills sits a little high for my taste, but I assume it while settle further down when I play it more.

BKA

Be careful! Look what happened to Ben's when he tried to move his sarado.
(Log in to see attachment.)

mlarinen

Oh geez... Gonna stay careful then! Well, I kinda was already though, because the ken is MUCH thinner than pretty much everything else I've seen. At first I thought it was gonna snap from me just taking it out the box!

Anyone own an actual kaizen? Do they have the same issues?