News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

the milky oolong

Learned this little number, thought this was Sisyphus, typed the Japanese into Youtube and found that it's Secret Grip > Base Cup and back. So why's the trick called 'Contact Slip' in a literal translation? Anyway, that's about all the kendama I got to play today:

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

HansNickmans

Never been very good in stall tricks but in the last couple days I managed to get:

- Normal grip  slip grip special>small bird> earth turn spike
- Secret grip > slip grip special > clifftop  (now just to catch that spike...)

That Croix is a slip grip magnet for some reason.
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Today I got my 2015 JKA membership card, to match my BKA one.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Time for an updated thumbnail, Void
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Today I did a trap combo: trap axe ~ release the trap ~ trap lunar ~ release trap ~ trap stilts ~ release trap ~ trap in.

Inspired by outlink

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 17 April, 2015, 22:11:11Today I did a trap combo: trap axe ~ release the trap ~ trap lunar ~ release trap ~ trap stilts ~ release trap ~ trap in.
Inspired by outlink
Nice!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Missed by one on the last trick in the park this morning. So it goes.

PikWik

@shalafi when you say 'trap', thats like when you hold the trick in place with the opposite hand right? or am i thinking of something else?

shalafi

Yes PikWik, it is like that. I did all the traps with the index finger of the other hand. Outlink had a trick which was a trap combo.

The Void

Good day at the Outdoors festival today, jamming with a bunch of clicking dudes. Fresh inspiration and got some new tricks in the brain.

The Void

Another pass in the park this morning. Off to another park meeting later.

The Void

Great afternoon in the park with this crew. I hit my first Around The Galaxy, and Reverse Whirlwind Earth Turn (twice), plus some of my new tricks from yesterday's brain. Which are no doubt hitting IG already.

shalafi

PikWik

around the galaxy is - around the bird with a bird flip at the end right??

big cup > bird > small cup > bird > base cup > bird > bird flip> in