News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I tend to aim for the (middle) knuckle, Leo.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today I recorded the Trick Around the World in the Ha'penny bridge. About time to make that video in Dublin, it's been almost half year since I moved here!

And with that it counts 7 vids, I'm afraid this year will only add Leeds to the list, maybe Palo Alto and/or Montain View.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

kendamatty

Quote from: Leologic777 on 07 March, 2015, 02:46:26
Im still trying to master turntables.

Me too Leo!

Today I had a good crack at the Irish Kendama open trick list in preparation for next weeks battle... It is surprising how much the kendama can impact your consistency with certain tricks due to weight distribution of the different parts! Now to choose a weapon of choice...

The Void

Today I had a practice run at the IKO. Also, I thought it might be fun to try to psych out my main opponent...

"Ah, Matt, I see you are hoping to rely on your tools, rather than in your own abilities? Good luck with that!"

...like that. MWUHAHAHAHA!!!!  ;D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

[user]Leologic777[/user], congratulations! A great milestone in your Kendama play, and of course the essential trick for finishing a nice tama-grip line. Today I looked over some footage I made on a farm outside Berlin, a few nice tricks in there, maybe I'll upload some for the Collaboration Video 2015, we'll see! Also had a crack at Outlink Trick #4, lovely line, just hope the camera angle is up to scratch. Oh well, I'm averaging 4 tries per trick up until now :)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

the milky oolong

Today I filmed this little number on the balcony, quite happy with it:

Kendama Berlin

BKA

Nice.
"I keep doing between-the-legs swoops with Diving Top too." - The Void

the milky oolong

Yeah, [user]BKA[/user], that makes me realize, I should have called this episode 'Swoop, Scoop, Alley-oop'. Darnit.

After diddling about with this one also had a great idea for the collaboration video. Dama on, people, spring is almost upon us!
Kendama Berlin

shalafi

Yesterday I passed 2nd Dan again with one of my best runs, but so far I have been unable to land the trick for Outlink, and time is running out.

The Void

Well done on Danning again, shalafi.
Today I was moving boxes around a lot, and taking the car to the garage, but I managed to squeeze in a quick IKO practice.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 18 March, 2015, 23:08:26
Well done on Danning again, shalafi.
Today I was moving boxes around a lot, and taking the car to the garage, but I managed to squeeze in a quick IKO practice.
I'm getting decently consistent at the tricks. It makes sense, since I've been trying the same ladder for the past 2 weeks almost daily :)

I'm not getting anywhere with this round of Outlink myself :(

kendamatty

For the first time in about 2 years, I hit around the wing walker. Dang chuffed. Steady hand is ready for Saturday's showdown! last showdown would have been in 2010 I think Void...time to dust off your game face ;)

The Void

the milky oolong

Quote from: kendamatty on 19 March, 2015, 21:37:28
For the first time in about 2 years, I hit around the wing walker.

Sweet sweet Mary. Incredible.
Kendama Berlin

Kev