News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Nice sunny day here in Ramsgate so had some Ken practice in the garden.

Managed a few 1 turn lighthouse and 1 turn aeroplanes of which I got one on film!
Missed the down spike though :-[

Starting to be able to see the landings now with the one turn stuff also the kenflips and falling downs. Hurrah!

Worked on some whirlwind earthturns to but didnt get any. Getting closer though.

The video looks like one in three but was more like one in ten.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

Good job KenSan! You are progressing quite fast.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jkriner987

Today I passed the 1st Dan after a few tries

shalafi

Quote from: Jkriner987 on 25 April, 2015, 03:23:27
Today I passed the 1st Dan after a few tries
Self certified or with an examiner?
Well done in any case!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Today I filmed the trick lists for [something that I don't think has been announced yet].
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kayadama

Managed to get a few more kenflip earth turns today. Also got my first pill in the mail and learnt some interesting balance thing. Been filming clips of all the tricks i have been learning as i go, thought id make a edit at the end of every month and made a start on that today  ;)

Dimensions

...Landed my first triple reverse whirlwind
And a 1-2-3 lighthouse somersault (and my first triple lighthouse somersault) but missed the falling :(
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KenSan

Thanks @shalafi but I'm still not sure if its more luck than judgment at the moment.

@kaia I will keep an eye out for your first edit. I liked the Krom quad split video with the whirlwind spike thingy at the beginning. Nice work!

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kengeaa

Today I got a under earth spin back to under bird to lunar flip to spike quite a nice little line ... It took so long!!

Leologic777

Today I...

unofficially completed Pre-Dan by that I mean I didn't do it with an approved kendama. I did it with my Sweets Red Stained Ken and My Sourmash War Paint Custom Kendama. Still proud of myself though!

-Leo ;D
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 26 April, 2015, 23:58:36
Quote from: The Void on 26 April, 2015, 13:09:23
Today I... http://twitter.com/TheVoidTLMB/status/592292921929375744
Damn, Void. Feel for you, man. So close.
Thanks, mate. So it goes. Previous best: trick 4. So to get to #11 ain't too bad. Just a little bit gutting though. It's a trick that I either have a good day or a bad day on, with not a lot of control over which. Hey ho, next time.....

Kev

Wow. Great effort. It'll be there next time.

HansNickmans

Too bad Void, think a lot of people were rooting for you. The first drink in Surbiton/Surrey is on me.
Kendama Belgium!