News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Quote from: Kev on 23 October, 2015, 07:34:14
Well done @ray - it's funny how different tricks are hard for different people. When I learnt swing in I could only dream of landing one bird let alone seven!

As ever practice and patience are the answer but here's a tip that might help.

Wait for the tama to rise to the highest point where the string is horizontal and parallel to the floor, at this point give your elbow a sharp but small jab directly backwards, this should give the ball enough rotation to float over nicely.

Warning, don't jab too hard or you'll risk losing a tooth!
Thanks a lot @Kev, when I arrive to my house I'm gonna practice with your tip. Really thanks because it's boring to practice a trick that I don't get but I must learn.

Quote from: shalafi on 23 October, 2015, 10:50:10
This is amazing progression. Well done. I hope this passion stays with you for years to come :)
Hi, @shalafi. I'm not sure about this. I think I'm going to play kendama until next EJC. Then I have another project in mind.

Quote from: The Void on 24 October, 2015, 15:38:21
Today I thought about playing kendama. But with rain and cold, and tiredness, I decided to have a day off. Sometimes you need a rest. :)
Come on @The Void! Really? You can play kendama at home! It isn't like clubs. At the moment I only played at home and my roof is 1,87m and I must imagine a line where I only can play kendama because I don't have more space to stretch the string.

Wow, the videos o Yamahi and The Void are... wow!

Today I... played kendama since time ago and I'm happy because my brain still remember well. Today I... got 10/10 lighthouses.
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

The Void

Actually, I'm very restricted in where I can play at home, indoors. I just don't have a space big enough. Which is one reason I don't like the winter. Anyway, well done on the 10/10.

Last night I was the only clicker at the club, so I had a go at @Maicodama 's challenge.
https://twitter.com/thevoidtlmb/status/666615140624818176
^
|
|
Twit video.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Maicodama

Yes! Whoooop! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

ray

Today I... got 8 of 10 "slid on stick" and 0 of a lot of "swing in". One day I'll get 10 of 10... one day.

ray

Today I... got "1 turn lighthouse" after a lot of attempts. It's not easy but it's not so hard as "swing in".

I have a theory why is "swing in" so hard to me. I'm feminist. This trick is like this: The ball (female) try to escape from the ken (male), but this one pull her strong and she is forced to come to him It's in this moment when the ken try to abuse the ball, piercing her hole with his spike. So, I'm gonna speak with the superdan 10 of JKA to abolish this trick from the grades, because it's sexist... and it's difficult to me.

Jedi_man

Today I got 10/11 around U.S.A.'s in about 45 minutes! I beat my old record of 4/5 in 1 session, also around 40 minutes. I'm learning :)

Ray, I found that using the pill helped me with swing in. It's a little easier to spike. Good luck!

donald grant

Got hanging reverse 1 turn aeroplane this morning,  Not as hard as I thought: still took me about 40 tries! :)

The Void

Today I spent 15 minutes failing to do Big Cup.
.....on this:
[Log in to see attached picture.]
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

:o That strings a bit out of proportion. Maybe it would be better and more usable with a piece of cotton thread instead?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Yes, but would YOU fancy trying to restring it? :)

KenSan

Ha ha. Yes that did occur to me after my original post. Also what to use as  bead? A grain of sand perhaps?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

ray

Quote from: Jedi_man on 04 December, 2015, 09:10:05Ray, I found that using the pill helped me with swing in. It's a little easier to spike. Good luck!
What do you mean "using the pill"?

Quote from: The Void on 08 December, 2015, 21:59:26
Today I spent 15 minutes failing to do Big Cup. .....on this:
Hahaha, OMG!

Today I... got 2 "1 turn lighthouses".
   Today I... still desperate with "swing in".

BKA

Using a Pill instead of using a Kendama.

ray

Quote from: BKA on 23 December, 2015, 16:25:28
Using a Pill instead of using a Kendama.
What? Is it a joke? I don't get it. If it isn't a joke, I really interested to understand. Well, if it's a joke, I also wanna understand.

BKA

Oh, you don't know what a Pill is? It's a variation of a kendama invented by Terra Kendama. Picture at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1612.msg23010.html#msg23010