News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Buying advice for right now

Started by kdang, 22 December, 2013, 09:29:28

Previous topic - Next topic

kdang

Okay, I need advice. Right now, I can either get an ozora, either hardwood ozoras, or any sweets.
Could you guys tell me which kendama I should get, pros and cons.
Thanks.  ;D

kdang

I also heard sweets homegrown kendamas were good too, anyone have a word or two about them?

primechicken

All of the damas you mentioned are solid kendamas, won't really go wrong with any of them. My white ozora is my everyday jammer, but I recently got a natty sweets homegrown and I love it. Maple wood is a really nice wood for kendamas and the craftmanship on the homegrown is noticeably better than you're average kendama and it plays SO nice. Pick whichever one you like the best man! I'd definitely recommend a homegrown personally.

isaacsdad

I second the mention of Sweets Homegrowns. Even measured against the Mugen Musou, I would pick the Sweets Homegrown, not least in terms of value. Both the Mugen and the Homegrowns are refined in craftsmanship. The Mugen's paint is grippier, but also more prone to chipping around the edge of the hole. The Homegrown Pearl White is beautifully painted, durable and fairly tacky as well. I am looking forward to what Mr. Sweets and his crew are cooking up next in their Homegrown line.

Evolderek

All those your looking at are awesome. I dig my purple Homegrown, My Enjyu and Keyaki Ozoras and my premium Orange and white Ozoras.

If you want Natty, I love my Enjyu I play that thing a ton. If you want some nice and tacky, the Premium Ozoras are amazing! Been abusing my Orange for a bit now. Also the architect and Sweets and Sour by Sweets are both killer too!