News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[UK] BJC Perth, March 30-4th April

Started by The Void, 12 March, 2016, 00:05:51

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Myself and Donald will both be at the British Juggling Convention in Perth, clicking away like crazy.
It's a paid event, but lots of fun, in a great venue. If you're "not a juggler", don't worry, they're a friendly bunch, so come along, play, learn some new skills, and have a blast.
http://bjc2016.co.uk
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Kendamas packed! Oh, a tent and a few clothes too...

The Void

donald grant

Back home, will be trying to get some sleep, and should be with you all by lunchtime tomorrow.  See you soon!

The Void

The Void

Met and jammed with Iain from #Soundkendama . (He KENned me.)
Tried Outlink9 several more times. Saw some of Donald's latest tricks...

The Void

Top session of Follow last night with @donald grant & Iain.
Ran a couple of workshops too, got some beginners hooked, and some dabblers trying new tricks.

donald grant

Twas a great BJC.  Sorry I couldn't have been there for the whole thing.  Failed to up my dan rating, but got a couple of nice tricks on film, and the game of ken on Saturday (Sunday?) night was fun.

As a bizarre bonus, I found a copy of the IJA 2000 Renegade dvd on the traders stands.  I'd never seen it, so it was nice to watch myself and others having fun from sixteen years ago.  AND there was a nice section of Takumi Okada (Boarder) performing on it too! :)

The Void

Ooh! In that case, could you bring it down with you? (Okada performing... with kendama?)

donald grant

Yes, performing kendama.  Just a selection of tricks for the renegade, but a nice minute and a bit.  I honestly had no idea I had met and played with him for an hour or so at the convention in my "pre-kendama" kendama days!!  Will bring it for you (there's some great Sean McKinney on it too).

The Void

My photos are at http://tlmb.net/galleries/BJC2016/index.html (No re-uploads, please! Share page URLs only. Thanks.)
Kendama-y ones:

The Void

Oh, hi @I.A.M ! Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. Some stuff you might want want to check out to start with:
- Introduce yourself thread
- The Member Map (You need to be logged in to see it.)
- The Collab
- The Endless Combo
- Records
If you fancy joining in with any of those, go for it. Or just chat away anywhere...
Cheers!