News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2016 - Come and join

Started by shalafi, 18 January, 2016, 22:04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 07 April, 2016, 11:33:45
Don't forget 'zilla!
Right! He's probably grinding this trick in secret too.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

oesterzilla

actually i'm busy working all day :(
i got the rover tho but i missed the barrel roll
not sure if its on tape.

we'll see how far i can go.

oesterzilla

sometimes out of frame, no full and perfect 360 degree rotation on the rover, but a clean barrel roll.
may you have faith?

shalafi

@oesterzilla about the out of frame, is a pity you did not get everything in. Now, none of your arms move when out of frame, and I do have faith in you. We are doing this for fun, there's no reason to cheat. Some lunar is just about 1s still and the Rover is just 3/4, also the lunar after the barrel roll is really close to your thumb. As I said before, I'll be forgiving with this round, so accepted!

The Void

Boom, hi-five @oesterzilla !

Sadly, I've got very little time today or tomorrow, and I don't really want to switch to a superlow sarado to get this done, so I'm probably out. (I'm not teasing this time.) Very impressed with the 3 passes so far. Well done!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Jak

Well done oesterzilla!

I chose a kendama with fairly good lunar balance Void, but not with the sarado too far down the sword like in the tutorial.

I think the biggest tip I can give, for anyone willing and able to give it another try, is to try and get your rotation so that the base cup stays at the same height in relation to the tama throughout the movement. I focused on the base cup throughout.
Another tip, was to imagine the wrist and body movement accelerating; rather than flicking your wrist and twisting your body at full speed from the beginning, start slow and speed up, otherwise the tama rotates and you leave the ken behind or knock it off.
One last thing, keep the lunar close to your body.
Hope that helps anyone.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The Void

Thanks @Dimensions & @Jak for tips. I just had a final 30 minute session in the airport, but couldn't improve my Rovers. So that's me out. (No more time before the deadline to try.) Thanks @shalafi for improving my juggle-to-lighthouses and my Lunar Somersaults.

Good luck to those left in. You all rock!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 09 April, 2016, 19:01:57
Thanks @Dimensions & @Jak for tips. I just had a final 30 minute session in the airport, but couldn't improve my Rovers. So that's me out. (No more time before the deadline to try.) Thanks @shalafi for improving my juggle-to-lighthouses and my Lunar Somersaults.

Good luck to those left in. You all rock!
You even landed a barrel roll, out of the rest of the combo, but still...

The Void

Oh yes! Probably my second or third one ever. I'll have to work on those another time.

fiddletriks

I'm officially handing in my resignation from my first year in outlink. This combo is just unreal at this point in time for me. I have spent countless hours honed in trying to nail it and never came close. Means I have more time now to continue practicing the BKO advanced list! I'm now completing the list 2 times daily.
But thanks Shalafi for the good times here and for hosting this years comp. looking forward to next year :)

Instagram: @cruizerd4ft
*welsh thistle*

Dimensions

@fiddletriks
2 a day! Look out for Ewan at BKO! Unlucky with the lunar though.
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Time's Up!

Round 11:

Trick: up and down Swing in > Earth Turn Whirlwind > Grip change > Jumping Stick Thyphoon
Keyword: Everyone
Deadline: April 13th 22:30 BST

http://juggling.tv/15831 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

The following people are still in for round 11:
@Dimensions
@Jak
@oesterzilla

The Void

Interesting. For reference:

A) "Typhoon", one h.
B)

http://juggling.tv/6462 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
(Thread at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96.0.html )

fiddletriks

I can do this one in my sleep too :( learned j stick typhoon a while ago!
I'd say this is a lot easier than the lunar combo haha

*welsh thistle*

shalafi

Quote from: fiddletriks on 09 April, 2016, 22:46:23
I can do this one in my sleep too :( learned j stick typhoon a while ago!
I'd say this is a lot easier than the lunar combo haha

It is hard to put the tricks in order, I wasn't sure in which order to put these 2, but I don't recall seeing many people doing it, so I thought it would be more challenging. Both 10 and 11 are beyond my reach, so it is hard to judge when you can't do it, it also depends on the player.

Anyway, it was great to have you in. Thanks for all your efforts.