News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Royal Kendama

Started by Kev, 02 February, 2015, 19:50:52

Previous topic - Next topic

nils

Wow! Thank you Mr. Royal and Void! I didn't even ask for it, but here it comes. Wonderful!
Mr European Speed Trick Champion 2010! :D (as suggested by The Void)

KenSan

Had my Royal kendama in Green for nearly a week now. Really nice straight out the box. Managed to remember the spare string just before I threw the box out too!

My main observation is its built like a tank and a fair bit heavier than my TK16. 161 grams or there abouts. Anybody concur with that?

I'd defiantly by another :)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Kev

Yes indeed.

Solid, and on the heavy side, which in my view is exactly what you want.

Certain tricks just click into place that you'd expect to bounce off.

Very satisfying.

Now all they need is to sort out some naturals and I'll be over the moon!

maccheesey09

Super Duper sorry I know I am late :P on posting a review. Had some problems with wisdom teeth extraction. :-\

"The more you practice, the more you enjoy it, the more you want to, the more it slays."
Is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the Royal Kendama. I want to start off by saying this kendama seems like it will last forever! I noticed right out of the box the Royal Kendama has a slightly heavier feel. My kendama weighs in at (tama: 73.46 ken: 74.33). Granted I do have two Royal kendamas, the other Kendama is way off on weight but still jams. It has the traditional style ken shape (fattier), which I prefer. My first impression was the Royal Kendama reminded me of TK-16. Primarily due to the paint of the tama slightly slick very durable and heavier weight of the kendama. Like a TK-16, I am hoping the paint will last forever and break in nice the more you play it. I have had my Royal Kendama for a month now haven't given it quite a beating hoping up nice and breaking in well. At first, it was a little tough to land lunar tricks but once I got the feel for the tama paint snaps right on due to beveled cups.
As far as branding goes, I think just having the crown at the base of the ken would look cleaner. I have nothing against the design now just making a suggestion.

Side note: I preferred kendama's are DealWithIt, Zen, and hybrid kendamas.

shalafi

I finally got my hands on a precision scale and weighted my royal.

Ken: 75g
Tama: 78g

Heavy and we'll balanced, no wonder it plays so well. As balanced as my Ozora, but 10g heavier each piece.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

KenSan

Weighed my Royal and I got :

76g Ken
83g Tama

The Lunar balance on this thing is fantastic (unlike my consistency)! Also love the base cup shape (edges).

@Royal kendama on your box and literature there is talk of a website. Any word when it will be up and running? Also how about string packs? These are my favorite so far! Nice round section and doesn't tangle like the flat wound type!

How about a slightly lighter model too?

The Void

@KenSan http://royalkendama.com looks alive to me.... But it could be that I'm logged in with a password, and it's still locked... Hmmm...?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@The Void

That's it! Nice looking site. Will have a proper look on my tea break.

However I can get to it via that link but nothing on google search, even if I type the full address :(

Dimensions

Woo, nice site. Cool to see Royal Abuse on the site too!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KenSan

Came up on yahoo search though! Google  :P

shalafi

Nice website, also responsive design on mobile, good work!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

KenSan

@The Void @Dimensions I,ve given the Roayal kendama (blue) that I won for the Unicorn battle to my son (2 days playing kendama again and counting  ::) )

I am wondering though about the shape. Thee apears to have been some refinements in the slip stop area. Its been tightened up and is slightly bigger in diameter?! Also the base cup ring is slightly different.

Whay say yee?

The Void

I'm on my way to a field for a fortnight. I only have newish RKs with me, so I can't do a comparison. But we love our ken's shape (maybe that's why everyone's copying it :o ) and no intentional changes have been made.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@The Void here is a photo comparison. Excuse the lens distortion thats apearing to make the two on the outside look like slaydawgs  :o

The left is the green that I bought two and a half years ago, the middle is the natty from BKO 2016 and the right is the blue from the unicorn game(pink string) at BKO 2017(now in Noahs possesion ::) )

The slip stop is definitely different on the most recent one in my opinion. I dont think the other two have worn down with play.