News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The Lunar Rover

Started by DamaFree09, 22 August, 2013, 10:37:24

Previous topic - Next topic

DamaFree09

i need help on this trick that colin sanders told me was called the lunar rover (lunar 360-rover) invented by Zack Yourd  .
you can see what im talking about in this video at 1:35

The Void

It's not a trick I've tried more than a couple of times, so I can't do it. But I'd advise you to carefully watch his grip, and all body movements: hand, arm, knees, and try to copy them precisely. And make sure you have full control of a standard Lunar... can you walk around while holding it? How about run? Change directions, etc...

Interesting name. Perhaps it makes sense to name this separately from Toby's Lunar Pivot.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I know this is an old thread, but I hope this video I found could help:

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Compiling tips from another thread:
Quote from: Dimensions on 06 April, 2016, 10:49:45some tips I gathered in a practice yesterday:

(for righties)
Start with your wrist facing away from you and move the Mendham and your whole body to the left
Move your whole body over to the right and flick your wrist towards you
The ken should spin at about a 45⁰ angle, in relation to where it was.
Scoop the ken back round to in front of you, by moving your whole body back to the left
Balance and cheer!

Just remember, this trick is less on the wrist and more in the body. if the ken is going wild, use less wrist.

Help anyone?
That all saying, I still suck at rovers :(
Quote from: Jak on 08 April, 2016, 15:01:49I think the biggest tip I can give, for anyone willing and able to give it another try, is to try and get your rotation so that the base cup stays at the same height in relation to the tama throughout the movement. I focused on the base cup throughout.
Another tip, was to imagine the wrist and body movement accelerating; rather than flicking your wrist and twisting your body at full speed from the beginning, start slow and speed up, otherwise the tama rotates and you leave the ken behind or knock it off.
One last thing, keep the lunar close to your body.
Hope that helps anyone.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!