News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KUSA pro models

Started by Owen, 26 December, 2016, 18:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen

Yo lads, i  recently got a couple KUSA pro models for Christmas and they both have a small Chinese symbol at the bottom of the ken below the small cup but at the bottom , i was wondering if anyone knew what this meant  ???  I got the TJ Kolesnik make waves pro model and the Wyatt Bray limited edition KWC model and i love them both they slay, has anyone got any other pro models? , would love to hear your opinions if yous do  ;D ;D
Owen

The Void

@Owen  Got a picture? Are you sure it's Chinese? Japanese might be more likely! :) (I know, they share some of the same characters...)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Owen

I have a photo of it  but the file is too large to post  but yea I'm pretty sure its Japanese , i u have a KUSA pro model then it will probably be on your that as well.
Owen

KenSan

@Owen Hi I got a regular Kaizen for Xmas and noticed that cool looking symbol on the base cup ring which I would think is the same as yours. It says 'Fuyu' meaning 'Winter' according to my wife who is a native of Tokyo.
But that's not 100%. Japanese characters can sometimes have other meanings. You could email kendama USA and ask?
Would be interesting to know their take on it.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Owen

hey man , aw ok interesting , they are probably the same but the symbol on mine is on the the base cup ring  but anyway yea i might email them to find out , its very intriguing but i think you have it right thanks  :)
Owen

conga.carranza

From the KUSA website:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Void

Google translates "winter" into Japanese as 冬. Which looks different to me, but there could well be more than one symbol that means winter. Plus, I'd believe KenSan's wife over me. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

@The Void the symbol you have for winter is correct and matches the symbol on my regular half split kaizen. The symbol on that Wyatt Bray pro mod means 'love' according to my wife.
@Owen
@conga.carranza

Owen

aw ok thanks guys , so its kendama love  :) , its a cool symbol , thanks for your help  :D @The Void  @KenSan  @conga.carranza
Owen

conga.carranza

I just received a kaizen 2.0 maple half split. I think I have a different character.
@KenSan care to help with the translation?

KenSan

conga.carranza

Oh! How sweet it is! My moms name is Flower. Thank you @KenSan