News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Pearl-pink Ozora

Started by The Void, 24 April, 2012, 17:49:42

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Well, today seems to be "post about new products" day. So...

...via http://www.kendama.or.jp/posts/3733_%E6%A1%9C%E3%81%91%E3%82%93%E7%8E%89%E3%80%80%E9%8A%80.html ,

That ball on the left looks non-spherical, but I expect it's just a photographic anomaly.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

I've been waiting to see this new Oozora! I heard about it recently but forgot to keep my eyes peeled on the JKA website for the pictures!
Thanks for that, Void :P haha

Other than that, the Oozora looks great! Definitely a must-have for the collection.

AlexSmith

Oooh
I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on goodsfromjapan for these... they're usually the first to have new JKA stuff for sale. I'm guessing that site is JKA members only?

kendama_River

:) This is looking incredible! I'm definitely going to want one of theres!

AlexSmith

Also, it looks as if there are some silvery scales/leaves painted across the tama in a patternr? Or is that just me?

Thorny

Quote from: AlexSmith on 26 April, 2012, 07:35:38
Also, it looks as if there are some silvery scales/leaves painted across the tama in a patternr? Or is that just me?

now you mention it I think I can see them! It wouldn't be surprising (to me, at least) considering I think they'd be cherry blossoms.

The Void

I think that what you are seeing are merely reflections of the room that the photo was taken in. If you look carefully, you can see a darker shape in the middle of both balls. I'm assuming this is the shadow of the person taking the photograph. On the LH ball, the 'scales' are to the 'North' and 'East' of the centre of the ball, and are slightly duller than those on the RH ball (which are to the N and W). Given that the RH ball is inside a shiny plastic box, that makes sense for a brighter reflection, with different angles of reflection (flat box verses curved ball).

Alternatively, it my be that the paint has an iridescent quality, and reflects light differently at different angles.

I think either of those two possibilities are more likely than a scale/leaf pattern being actually painted onto the ball... especially at that small scale. I'm not certain, but I'd probably place a small bet against the 'scale' theory being right. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

cgmarshall

Sakura Kendama JKA Limited
This limited edition Japan Kendama Association (JKA) kendama celebrates Japan's favorite flower, the cherry blossom. The Sakura comes in a cool, pearl pink color, with the cherry blossom on the ball, a deeper shade of pink.
http://www.goodsfromjapan.com/sakura-kendama-limited-p-1389.html

First post on the forum  ;D

Thorny

:O!
That looks awesome - do want!

Also, I guess Alex was right about the 'scales' haha

cgmarshall

Looks like there are two versions.  :)

SamB

Very pretty. I now have my fingers crossed for a pearl-yellow one to match my bike!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

I'm glad no-one took me up on my bet! I bow to your 1337 observation skills, Alex!

And welcome to the forum, cg! (Check out the "Introduce yourself" thread in General?). Cheers for the info.

AlexSmith

Came to say that goodsfromjapan has them up now, looks like I'm late to the party though :p